Girl sexually assaulted at Medford YMCA
OMG!

Quote:February 23, 2012
A 14-year-old boy is in the Jackson County Juvenile Detention Center after he and two 10-year-old boys allegedly sexually assaulted a teenage girl for 40 minutes in an area near the handicapped entrance at the Rogue Valley Family YMCA Monday afternoon.

The incident happened just after 3:45 p.m. The 14-year-old boy, who knew the girl, also 14, allegedly pushed her into an area near the pool. The two 10-year-old boys helped in holding the girl down.

“Between the three of them, they forcibly sexually assaulted her over a 40-minute period,” said Medford police Lt. Mike Budreau. “Quite a traumatic attack, in all honesty. Basically all three of them physically restrained her.”

The three youths verbally threatened the girl by saying they had a knife during the assault, though they didn't have one, Budreau said. They stuffed cloth in her mouth to muffle her screams and made failed attempts to hold her mouth shut with tape they took from the facility's front desk. The girl hit her head during the assault.

The girl's mother, who asked to remain unidentified, broke up the attack. She had gone inside to look for her daughter after waiting for a few minutes outside to pick her up at her usual spot.

“I actually found them on top of her,” she said, adding one of the 10-year-olds jumped up and screamed at her when she found them before running off. “She's still in shock.”

The 14-year-old was arrested Wednesday and is still held in juvenile detention. Both 10-year-olds were cited and released. They will not be prosecuted because of the difficulty in proving a criminal state of mind in individuals who are so young, police said.

No criminal charges are being filed against the YMCA. The YMCA is cooperating fully with the investigation, said Executive Director Brad Russell. At the conclusion, if policy changes need to be made to further ensure children's safety, the YMCA will take action, he said.

-- Ryan Pfeil

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll...F120229990
(02-23-2012, 04:10 PM)broadzilla Wrote: OMG!

The 14-year-old was arrested Wednesday and is still held in juvenile detention. Both 10-year-olds were cited and released. They will not be prosecuted because of the difficulty in proving a criminal state of mind in individuals who are so young, police said.

I'm going to show remarkable restraint and simply call them the sick little f'ing bastards they are.

And the 10 year olds get off scott free to do it again?

What a great country we live in that produces children like this. Probably parents who teach them that girls are inferior and must bow down to a males wishes. You all know what book that crap comes from.

Cripes. I think I'll throw up now.

I'm cancelling my family membership unless the YMCA is also held accountable. 40 minutes?!!!!!!
A girl was raped......................
Shouldn't she had been at the YWCA and not at the YMCA?

(02-23-2012, 04:23 PM)Green Wrote:

I'm going to show remarkable restraint and simply call them the sick little f'ing bastards they are.

What a great country we live in that produces children like this. Probably parents who teach them that girls are inferior and must bow down to a males wishes. You all know what book that crap comes from.

I echo your thoughts!
We are (from my vantage point at least) raising boys who act out in all kinds of hostile ways. The parents of these boys need to do some serous soul searching.
(02-23-2012, 07:49 PM)chuck white Wrote: Shouldn't she had been at the YWCA and not at the YMCA?

There's a YWCA around here? Where?
(02-23-2012, 07:51 PM)Wonky Wrote: I echo your thoughts!
We are (from my vantage point at least) raising boys who act out in all kinds of hostile ways. The parents of these boys need to do some serous soul searching.

Thank you. I imagine you are a far better example of what it is to be a caring, loving, respectful human being than anything these boys have experienced.

And I do believe these parents should be held accountable and responsible for the actions of their children.

Maybe they should lock the 14 year old up in the regular jail for a few days. He'll have a better understanding about what he did.
(02-23-2012, 07:51 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(02-23-2012, 04:23 PM)Green Wrote:

I echo your thoughts!

Parents don't parent!

They use facilities like the YMCA or the Boys & Girls Club... television... computers... electronic games... as babysitters. Many don't really have a clue who (or what) is influencing their children.
Honestly the 10 year olds concern me far less then the fact that this kid was out of sight for 40 minutes and nobody followed up or noticed.

Does that mean I think the 10 year olds should get off scot-free, no, but at 10 they are still kids and focused intervention not prison could make the difference between productive members of society and lifelong criminals.
it seems odd that the ten year olds are having some kind of accountability.
Someone needs to let the schools they attend know...I would want to know if these kids were attending school with my daughter! For all I know they might.
(02-23-2012, 09:37 PM)broadzilla Wrote: Someone needs to let the schools they attend know...I would want to know if these kids were attending school with my daughter! For all I know they might.

So, who would that someone be?Unsure
(02-23-2012, 09:40 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(02-23-2012, 09:37 PM)broadzilla Wrote: Someone needs to let the schools they attend know...I would want to know if these kids were attending school with my daughter! For all I know they might.

I'm sure the parents won't...and since they haven't been convicted of anything yet, the police sure can't. (I'm hoping someone slips up...Smiling)

I know the older one went to Mac...

(yea, that stupid separation thing again...)
(02-23-2012, 09:42 PM)broadzilla Wrote:

I'm sure the parents won't...and since they haven't been convicted of anything yet, the police sure can't. (I'm hoping someone slips up...Smiling)

Separation thing?

So, I wonder what juvenile Sex offender treatment is like?
(02-23-2012, 09:44 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Separation thing?

6 degrees... I know who the kid was who did it. (someone slipped and I happened to know the kid).
(02-23-2012, 09:51 PM)broadzilla Wrote: 6 degrees... I know who the kid was who did it. (someone slipped and I happened to know the kid).

Hopefully there will be a whole lot of "slipping" so that parents can take measures to keep their daughters safe and their sons away from such influence.

(02-23-2012, 09:51 PM)broadzilla Wrote:
(02-23-2012, 09:44 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Separation thing?

6 degrees... I know who the kid was who did it. (someone slipped and I happened to know the kid).

Oh, me too. Different though.