Thousands protest U.S. Koran burning, at least 20 dead so far
They were Korans our military personnel removed from a library available to detainees (I think we claimed they were writing messages to each other inside them or some such), deliberately thrown out into garbage that the military apparently burns routinely in pits.

From their point of view, it's hard to imagine how this could be an "accident".

Just another reason we don't belong in other peoples countries. We don't even know their culture, and our military is busy making future enemies for all of us left and right.
(02-24-2012, 01:36 PM)Simon Peter Wrote:
(02-24-2012, 01:25 PM)Green Wrote: So here's my question - how did they find out our military burned korans? Did we do it in plain sight to perhaps antagonize them? If not, then how?

Local citizens who work at the base discovered the material that had been put into a burn pit by NATO personnel and alerted officials.

Read more: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/305...z1nKkF6FA0

Geez, that wasn't too bright on our part, was it?

That anyone (Christian, Muslim, Whoever, Etc.) would value a book more than a life speaks volumes on the hatred some religions can instill in people.

I've heard Bibles are highly valued in our prisons, too. Inmates cut sections of the hemp paper for use as rolling papers. Smiling
(02-24-2012, 01:53 PM)Green Wrote: [quote='Simon Peter' pid='178144' dateline='1330115765']
That anyone (Christian, Muslim, Whoever, Etc.) would value a book more than a life speaks volumes on the hatred some religions can instill in people.

Well, they would say it's because they love their book so much. They see each copy as the direct words of their God, right there in their hands. Who is anybody to deliberately destroy something that God himself wrote? I don't know if that part is really hate or not. Delusion, yes.
(02-24-2012, 01:53 PM)Green Wrote: That anyone (Christian, Muslim, Whoever, Etc.) would value a book more than a life speaks volumes on the hatred some religions can instill in people.

And we have a population that causes riots and values shoes even more. Weird.
20 people have been killed in the last 4 days buying shoes?
When the riots and death really start here it will be about with and without and fear will be the main ingredient.
(02-24-2012, 02:08 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(02-24-2012, 01:53 PM)Green Wrote: [quote='Simon Peter' pid='178144' dateline='1330115765']

Well, they would say it's because they love their book so much. They see each copy as the direct words of their God, right there in their hands. Who is anybody to deliberately destroy something that God himself wrote? I don't know if that part is really hate or not. Delusion, yes.

Well, if that is the case then where was the outrage and the apology from Obama when the Military burned bibles sent by a church back in 2009?

BTW, 2 American soldiers died in this latest fiasco. I thought it would be proper to mention it since everyone here seems to be more concerned about the shitbags that killed them.

I can't tell you why Muslims seem to take more personal offense with their holy books being burned than Christians do, someone else with more interest probably can. So far as I'm concerned of course they could all be the collected works of Mother Goose, but religious believers do seem to take this stuff seriously.
(02-24-2012, 05:29 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I can't tell you why Muslims seem to take more personal offense with their holy books being burned than Christians do, someone else with more interest probably can.

Because the ones who freak out the most are more backwards Muslims who still think a sword is a good way to settle things.
Well, they don't have drones like us.
(02-24-2012, 05:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-24-2012, 05:29 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I can't tell you why Muslims seem to take more personal offense with their holy books being burned than Christians do, someone else with more interest probably can.

Because the ones who freak out the most are more backwards Muslims who still think a sword is a good way to settle things.

The only backwards moslims are the ones that pretend to deny their faith and its teachings.
(02-24-2012, 05:45 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Well, they don't have drones like us.

Unlike you I'm not putting all the blame for the way all Muslims act on What America has done.
(02-24-2012, 05:45 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Well, they don't have drones like us.

Iran has at least one.
(02-24-2012, 05:21 PM)imaham Wrote: BTW, 2 American soldiers died in this latest fiasco. I thought it would be proper to mention it since everyone here seems to be more concerned about the shitbags that killed them.

As I understand it, they are part of the 20.

(02-24-2012, 02:08 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Well, they would say it's because they love their book so much. They see each copy as the direct words of their God, right there in their hands. Who is anybody to deliberately destroy something that God himself wrote? I don't know if that part is really hate or not. Delusion, yes.

I believe the story is that their god wrote the original book - something called a printing press 'wrote' the rest of them.

Is their god a printing press?

Don't all religions consider their book the word of god?
(02-25-2012, 10:20 AM)rainylady Wrote: Don't all religions consider their book the word of god?

I think there is one religion that claims their book is the word of Satan.
I pray to him but he never answers either.