"Don't do this. I messed up. People make mistakes."
http://www.kval.com/news/local/Driver-on...23083.html

[Image: 120224car_river660.jpg]

[Image: Still0224_00004.jpg]

[Image: Still0224_00005.jpg]

[Image: Still0224_00003.jpg]

[Image: Tank-the-brindle-pitbull.jpg]

Excerpt: "EUGENE, Ore. - Two men and a dog got out OK from a car partially submerged in the Willamette River off River Road on Friday.

Law enforcement arrested the passenger on outstanding warrants unrelated to this incident.

The driver told KVAL News they were out for a joy ride around 8 a.m. on the stretch of river bank near River Avenue when the car got stuck in deep water.

"Had an incident where we hit a hole and I got stuck," driver James Pellen told KVAL News. "I've been down here all my life driving through the holes and water. I hit one spot that had a hole, stopped giving it gas and it bogged down my engine."

Pellen said he learned a lesson.

"Don't do this. I messed up," he said. "People make mistakes."
Once when a friend and I were doing something similar the engine died because water was shorting out the spark plugs.
The water was so deep the fan blade was throwing water on the engine.The engine heat dried the water on the spark plugs , we removed the fan belt and drove right outLaughing
I was going to say something like this could be TVguy's kid, and decided to be nice for once. Oh well, it was only a passing thought anyway. Laughing
You know you are a Redneck when........... Smiling
(02-24-2012, 01:11 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I was going to say something like this could be TVguy's kid, and decided to be nice for once. Oh well, it was only a passing thought anyway. Laughing

I used to have a lot of fun going four wheeling and doing the same kind of stuff this guy did. What did you do? Sew little dresses for your dolls?Laughing Just kidding

Seriously I'm not sure why this is news.
Because it's funny as heck when it's someone else getting the publicity for some bonehead thing like this, and not us. Laughing
(02-24-2012, 05:05 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Because it's funny as heck when it's someone else getting the publicity for some bonehead thing like this, and not us. Laughing

Yeah it's a human interest story. Like I said I've done similar stuff and it's not entirely stupid or a waste of time. I could say lots of other things/hobbies were just as stupid or just as much of a waste of time. But the bottom line, they are fun to who ever is doing whatever.
I can pretty much get any vehicle unstuck, one way or another and I can drive vehicles places where a lot would never attempt.Big Grin
(02-24-2012, 04:52 PM)imaham Wrote: You know you are a Redneck when........... Smiling

Some Oregonians love to bog.
(02-24-2012, 05:47 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yeah it's a human interest story. Like I said I've done similar stuff and it's not entirely stupid or a waste of time. I could say lots of other things/hobbies were just as stupid or just as much of a waste of time. But the bottom line, they are fun to who ever is doing whatever.
I can pretty much get any vehicle unstuck, one way or another and I can drive vehicles places where a lot would never attempt.Big Grin

I don't brag about it, but I fucked up a wilderness area with a four wheel drive so much it made the newspaper driving around a giant patch of snow I didn't have enough gas to turn around and go back the other way with, one time decades ago. No, I'll never reveal another detail, I never went back and I never got caught either. Ninja
(02-24-2012, 05:05 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Because it's funny as heck when it's someone else getting the publicity for some bonehead thing like this, and not us. Laughing

Exactly!

(02-24-2012, 07:05 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(02-24-2012, 04:52 PM)imaham Wrote: You know you are a Redneck when........... Smiling

Some Oregonians love to bog.
I have certainly done my share of it!

Oh wait, was that a confession?
I sat on a tractor that was driving across the creek. It wobbled back and forth over big rocks. I got scared the engine would be flooded with water and we would get stuck. But tractor's are pretty hardy.
A friend posted this on Facebook this morning....

[Image: 425292_292491504150149_100001679042508_7...5827_n.jpg]
Ram tough?
None of them are too tough when the tide comes in.