Nobel Peace Prize
(02-28-2012, 06:32 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(02-28-2012, 06:23 AM)PonderThis Wrote: "Institutional strategy" be damned. Smiling That's just another way of saying protecting entrenched interests, control freaks and fuddy duddies.

Is it now? Well. A statement that radical might be in need of some supporting prose.

Well, I'm in favor of the open disclosure of all information, and I think anybody that's trying to hide information is most likely doing something I'm probably not going to be in favor of. And, I don't think society can properly advance while people are hiding information, which is generally done for personal or private gain versus us all benefiting. How much do you want me to go into this? It's a general philosophy, one I realize sets the people up against entrenched power interests. I think we can put a stop to it with the free-flow of knowledge. Apparently Anonymous agrees with me. That part pleases me too. Smiling
(02-28-2012, 05:54 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Like TV considers his posts to always be "family friendly", and the forum has become a kiddy forum somehow. Laughing

No child will walk by a monitor and be horrified by typed words.
(02-28-2012, 09:03 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-28-2012, 05:54 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Like TV considers his posts to always be "family friendly", and the forum has become a kiddy forum somehow. Laughing

"Hey Mama... what does 'slit' mean?"

It's only meat, I don't know what you're so upset about. Smiling
(02-28-2012, 09:06 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

So you think it's just as likely that someones kid will walk up to a computer and read something inappropriate before you can stop them as it is for a kid to see a photo of dead bloody bodies wrapped in plastic?
(02-28-2012, 09:07 AM)PonderThis Wrote:

It's only meat, I don't know what you're so upset about. Smiling

I'm not upset in the least. I'm just amazed that you can somehow defend posting offensive pictures, That's all. I was not the one who asked for the feature to hide photos that should only be views by adults.
I simply respect those who did ask for it.
It really pisses you off that PETA's message worked, doesn't it. I only had to post that picture once, and here people are still talking about it even on different threads. Now that's a message that works. Smiling
(02-28-2012, 09:10 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-28-2012, 09:06 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

So you think it's just as likely that someones kid will walk up to a computer and read something inappropriate before you can stop them as it is for a kid to see a photo of dead bloody bodies wrapped in plastic?

BINGO!
(02-28-2012, 09:14 AM)PonderThis Wrote: It really pisses you off that PETA's message worked, doesn't it. I only had to post that picture once, and here people are still talking about it even on different threads. Now that's a message that works. Smiling

No, that's because you keep having to drag me and the way I care to raise MY children into every thread now...Razz
they're rock stars now, right up there with illc's mom and tv's dog.
(02-28-2012, 10:15 AM)broadzilla Wrote:
(02-28-2012, 09:14 AM)PonderThis Wrote: It really pisses you off that PETA's message worked, doesn't it. I only had to post that picture once, and here people are still talking about it even on different threads. Now that's a message that works. Smiling

No, that's because you keep having to drag me and the way I care to raise MY children into every thread now...Razz

That particular message was aimed at TV and not you or the way you choose to raise your children. You do make an amusing subject for forum satire in your efforts to sanitize the forum, however. I never thought of it as a childrens forum, nor figured that society needs to cater particularly to families. I realize I may be the outspoken one here. I've had mothers that protected their children from me, and I've had children tell me I was the greatest influence on their lives they ever had. It's a mixed bag admittedly. Smiling
RVF is in no way suitable for children of any age!
Hell... it's sometimes not suitable for adults! Wink
I would NEVER peruse RVF with children present.
Whether it be picture or print... you never know what might pop up.
There are MANY other forums that are WAY better suited for children.
BTW... I believe the same goes for work. RVF + Place of Employment = Not Good.
(02-28-2012, 10:40 AM)Scrapper Wrote: RVF is in no way suitable for children of any age!
Hell... it's sometimes not suitable for adults! Wink
I would NEVER peruse RVF with children present.
Whether it be picture or print... you never know what might pop up.
There are MANY other forums that are WAY better suited for children.
BTW... I believe the same goes for work. RVF + Place of Employment = Not Good.

"Hell... it's sometimes not suitable for adults! Wink "

Yea, and even that is unclear because it really does depend on the "standards" on which we agree. You and I Scrappy, have had words about this so we know what we are talking about. My view about this stuff is a minority one, yours more popular and accepted. Still, I'm glad I've had to chance to voice my opinion.

I don't think it hurts a thing to sometimes have this kind of stuff pop up for discussion. Reading you posts I know the love and affection you have for your grandkids, and so I understand your point completely. I know you would fight a bear (and win) rather than expose them to harmful stuff.
Just that I would take it a notch higher and hope for less of the stuff that you have posted from time to time. Whatever: We should be able to disagree and not get all fired up about it I guess.

Funny thing: Those who know me will tell you I'm "crude rude and socially unacceptable". My language is laced with far too many F bombs and other stuff. Don't know why exactly, but I just don't like to see it in print. And, I understand how to monitor myself in social situations. Been years since I asked someone to pass the fucking butter.

Damn. I'm ranting again. Embarrassed
If you were a movie, what is you rating.
I guess I's be an R-rating