my landlord
i am trying to have patience with me landlord. Ok we moved in over a year ago, we went month to month back on Oct and we agreed that we would give her 60 days notice to move out. Well the woman just came up to me and wanted us to sign another year lease with the rent raising 50 dollars a month (she wants to give us 30 days, ), she put a new roof on the garage which was leaking as well as new siding on the house because she hadn't painted in the last 5 years and it had started getting pealing and getting holes in it and curling up in the edges. So I know I am covering her loan that she took out to pay for those items (she told me that it had cost her over $7000.00 for it). She also has said I needed to keep the yard better I said but you told me I couldn't plant anything in the yard and she said not I didn't. I told her yes you did you told me you didn't want to pull things up, but when we moved in you had these weeds. So I do not see why we need to pay to have someone come out and spray for weeds when it was not provided when we first moved in . She will say they will be coming by and then not show up. Or she will call at 4 in the afternoon and say they will be by early the next morning to start siding the house. My stove stopped working working she got me a one that was used which would of been fine except that when it was opened up to put the cord on it there was mouse dropping in it. We bought our own stove.

She is in the medical field( she does thrermography) and she has asked me if I meet one of our neighbors yet and I said no, she said I wonder why not, her cancer is cured. She has also sent me other peoples e-mails with Dr phone numbers on them. Not sure if that violates the medical rules but she keeps saying I need to go in and see her for my headaches and it is like I don't think so when you talk like you do.

I have also found out she has sued every one that has ever lived here before us. Isn't that cool.

Now I feel like I really need to find a house to buy

(03-04-2012, 04:33 PM)blondemom Wrote: i am trying to have patience with me landlord. Ok we moved in over a year ago, we went month to month back on Oct and we agreed that we would give her 60 days notice to move out. Well the woman just came up to me and wanted us to sign another year lease with the rent raising 50 dollars a month (she wants to give us 30 days, ), she put a new roof on the garage which was leaking as well as new siding on the house because she hadn't painted in the last 5 years and it had started getting pealing and getting holes in it and curling up in the edges. So I know I am covering her loan that she took out to pay for those items (she told me that it had cost her over $7000.00 for it). She also has said I needed to keep the yard better I said but you told me I couldn't plant anything in the yard and she said not I didn't. I told her yes you did you told me you didn't want to pull things up, but when we moved in you had these weeds. So I do not see why we need to pay to have someone come out and spray for weeds when it was not provided when we first moved in . She will say they will be coming by and then not show up. Or she will call at 4 in the afternoon and say they will be by early the next morning to start siding the house. My stove stopped working working she got me a one that was used which would of been fine except that when it was opened up to put the cord on it there was mouse dropping in it. We bought our own stove.

She is in the medical field( she does thrermography) and she has asked me if I meet one of our neighbors yet and I said no, she said I wonder why not, her cancer is cured. She has also sent me other peoples e-mails with Dr phone numbers on them. Not sure if that violates the medical rules but she keeps saying I need to go in and see her for my headaches and it is like I don't think so when you talk like you do.

I have also found out she has sued every one that has ever lived here before us. Isn't that cool.

BM mouse droppings in the stove are no big deal . As far as your situation buy a house , or find another landlord. - YH616

Question of how much rent she is asking for, verse all that goes with ownership.
(03-04-2012, 04:37 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote:
(03-04-2012, 04:33 PM)blondemom Wrote: i am trying to have patience with me landlord. Ok we moved in over a year ago, we went month to month back on Oct and we agreed that we would give her 60 days notice to move out. Well the woman just came up to me and wanted us to sign another year lease with the rent raising 50 dollars a month (she wants to give us 30 days, ), she put a new roof on the garage which was leaking as well as new siding on the house because she hadn't painted in the last 5 years and it had started getting pealing and getting holes in it and curling up in the edges. So I know I am covering her loan that she took out to pay for those items (she told me that it had cost her over $7000.00 for it). She also has said I needed to keep the yard better I said but you told me I couldn't plant anything in the yard and she said not I didn't. I told her yes you did you told me you didn't want to pull things up, but when we moved in you had these weeds. So I do not see why we need to pay to have someone come out and spray for weeds when it was not provided when we first moved in . She will say they will be coming by and then not show up. Or she will call at 4 in the afternoon and say they will be by early the next morning to start siding the house. My stove stopped working working she got me a one that was used which would of been fine except that when it was opened up to put the cord on it there was mouse dropping in it. We bought our own stove.

BM mouse droppings in the stove are no big deal . As far as your situation buy a house , or find another landlord. - YH616

I live in fear of hantavirus . I am back in that part of the country that has it. And we are looking for a house to buy, we just haven't found what we want, we may have to settle which is not something I want I want to do. When we bought our first house we walked in and we knew it was the house, we haven't had the feeling yet. We have looked at nice house but nothing is giving us the warm fuzzy feeling yet.
(03-04-2012, 04:42 PM)chuck white Wrote: Question of how much rent she is asking for, verse all that goes with ownership.

I would rather own my own home we could do things as we want . I know things break when you own your own home, but they would be mine.
Living in fear is no way to live. Draw on your spiritual reserves , and take each day as it comes. Read , focus , act and give it up .
The hantavirus comes from a lot of dropping getting kicked up into the air to be inhaled.
a little Lysol will kill it
An Easy fix and not the real problem here.
I would suggest a compromise to her. Pay the extra $50. in rent, but stay month to month and pickup the pace on home searching. Or no increase in rent and do a 6 month lease. What are the chances of finding the right home and getting it through escrow in 6 months?
(03-04-2012, 05:04 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I would suggest a compromise to her. Pay the extra $50. in rent, but stay month to month and pickup the pace on home searching. Or no increase in rent and do a 6 month lease. What are the chances of finding the right home and getting it through escrow in 6 months?
Very easy, we could do it in 45 days.
(03-04-2012, 05:10 PM)blondemom Wrote:
(03-04-2012, 05:04 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I would suggest a compromise to her. Pay the extra $50. in rent, but stay month to month and pickup the pace on home searching. Or no increase in rent and do a 6 month lease. What are the chances of finding the right home and getting it through escrow in 6 months?
Very easy, we could do it in 45 days.

Spring is almost here and you should start seeing more homes on the market. Do what you need to stay long enough to find a house and avoid the lease. Good luck.....Smiling
I don't know what the "rental vacancy factor" in OKC is, but I read in Portland it's down to something like 3% (they said it was the lowest in the nation there). Whenever the rental vacancy factor gets down low to something like that, rents are going to go up. In general, I think this trend is happening nationwide right now, although probably not as severe as in Portland. Renting is going to be less cheap in the future.

P.S. Expecting escrow to close in 45 days or less sounds exceptionally hopeful to me, too.
(03-04-2012, 07:31 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I don't know what the "rental vacancy factor" in OKC is, but I read in Portland it's down to something like 3% (they said it was the lowest in the nation there). Whenever the rental vacancy factor gets down low to something like that, rents are going to go up. In general, I think this trend is happening nationwide right now, although probably not as severe as in Portland. Renting is going to be less cheap in the future.

P.S. Expecting escrow to close in 45 days or less sounds exceptionally hopeful to me, too.

that is what our agent said to expect I was thinking it would be closer to 60 days. I can get my house packed in 30 days. A lot of the houses we are looking at are empty. One we saw was doable for me, my husband couldn't handle it. You know I do not care about the paint, the carpet the fixtures. What I do care about is the foundation, the roof, the heater and A/C the structure and the layout. and a storm shelter would be nice, but if we do not find a house with one we will put one in.
Many here know I regard the real estate profession generally as one large snake pit filled with shysters and scam artists (one I've successfully negotiated several times, so what can that say about me?). It's my opinion real estate professionals like to get people in situations where they are pressed for time, because that's where they know they can extract the profitable concessions and pull off deals they know we otherwise would never agree to, and these things are worth big commissions to them. I pretty much don't believe anything any real estate professional tells me, and I verify all facts independently of them too. Matter of fact I prefer going around them completely if at all possible, because I'm capable of being my own snake just fine with no help from them whatsoever. Smiling
I have a few rental properties and believe me the land lord is on the losing side of the argument almost always including when they are right. Oregon has strong tenant laws. Know your rights, know the law. You will be OK. I believe in Oregon the law has changed and rent increases require a 60 day notice. You'd be surprised the protections you enjoy. Pay the rent three times on the 10th instead of the first...the rent in now due on the tenth. Yes there is a form for accepting the rent late. A one time late rent form. I could go on and on...72 hour eviction notice, sent registered mail makes it invalid, regular first class only. Buy the Oregon tenant law book.

http://www.oregonlawhelp.org/documents/1...bbrev=/OR/
blondemom... Do you know where the Nichols Hills area is located?
My uncle used to be a Fireman there. He has since passed away.
When we visited back in 1971 he took all of us California kids for a ride in his Firetruck. Fun times! Big Grin

[Image: 162660_1775422946591_1269869074_1996106_3740101_n.jpg]
I'd want a basement.
(03-05-2012, 09:52 AM)Scrapper Wrote: blondemom... Do you know where the Nichols Hills area is located?
My uncle used to be a Fireman there. He has since passed away.
When we visited back in 1971 he took all of us California kids for a ride in his Firetruck. Fun times! Big Grin

[Image: 162660_1775422946591_1269869074_1996106_3740101_n.jpg]

Yes I do. It is a a very nice area. And clear across from where I live. But we do have friends that live there.
I like Value's compromise. Offer to pay the increased rent starting in sixty days and continue on the month-to-month. She'll accept it and like it or too bad.
I saw a house that I liked, I can compromise on the backyard size. The house was very comfortable when I walked in and there was even a storm shelter which was a plus. garage was small but it does have an attic for storage.. We will have to pay her the rent increase there is nothing else to do. But I do not want to sign a year's lease. I really wouln't' mind buying this place we are in but it would be a small fortune to fix and she all ready has said she doesn't want to spend more money. There is stuff that needs to be fixed and she doesn't want to do it.