Hope this wasn't one of the RVF men... Do you know who it could be?
(03-07-2012, 09:23 PM)tvguy Wrote: What the hell? Since when it it illegal for some guy to try and pick up some girl?? Did I miss something? This guy never even got out of his freaking car.

Is this 17 year old girl who may be weeks away from being 18 have a sign on her back that says TOO YOUNG?
Why is it assumed the guy was going anything wrong? Maybe she looked older to him and he looked older to her?

Yeah! I'm 60 years old and I try and pick up 17 year old girls all the time, and there's nothing wrong with this whatsoever! Who are you guys to stop opportunists like me? It's all in innocent fun anyway, and I have candy...
(03-07-2012, 09:39 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(03-07-2012, 09:23 PM)tvguy Wrote: What the hell? Since when it it illegal for some guy to try and pick up some girl?? Did I miss something? This guy never even got out of his freaking car.

Is this 17 year old girl who may be weeks away from being 18 have a sign on her back that says TOO YOUNG?
Why is it assumed the guy was going anything wrong? Maybe she looked older to him and he looked older to her?

Yeah! I'm 60 years old and I try and pick up 17 year old girls all the time, and there's nothing wrong with this whatsoever! Who are you guys to stop opportunists like me? It's all in innocent fun anyway, and I have candy...

You single guys get all the fun.

Sure ponder , that exactly what I said:wacko::wacko:... dumbass

I know you live up in the woods and probably never get out but here's a news flash for ya. MANY High school girls wear make up and dress like hookers and a 17 year old can easily look a lot older.
And the suspect who BTW has so far done nothing but ask a female if she wanted a ride was DESCRIBED as being 40 or 50. so quite possibly he was 30 and thought the girl was 21.

And I imagine this guess at his age was done by young people who think anyone over 25 is 60.

There's nothing wrong with being careful but this sounds to me like it might be people freaking out over nothing.

(03-07-2012, 08:57 PM)Scrapper Wrote: My reason for posting it was because this is a forum in the Rogue Valley and the incident happened in Medford, which is located in the Rogue Valley. If you look at the OP you will see that I did put the description of the person and his automobile in bold print. My reason for that was in case anyone in that area might know someone fitting the description.

Yes, yes. Just an unfortuante choice of words:
Quote: Hope this wasn't one of the RVF men... Do you know who it could be?
This is a fairly cloistered clan here.

Candy? Michelle will be curtailing the use of candy by predatory pedophiles soon. Best stock up while you can.
(03-08-2012, 12:24 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(03-07-2012, 09:39 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Yeah! I'm 60 years old and I try and pick up 17 year old girls all the time, and there's nothing wrong with this whatsoever! Who are you guys to stop opportunists like me? It's all in innocent fun anyway, and I have candy...

Candy? Michelle will be curtailing the use of candy by predatory pedophiles soon. Best stock up while you can.

ROFLMFAO
Laughing Laughing Laughing

(03-07-2012, 11:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Sure ponder , that exactly what I said:wacko::wacko:... dumbass

I know you live up in the woods and probably never get out but here's a news flash for ya. MANY High school girls wear make up and dress like hookers and a 17 year old can easily look a lot older.
And the suspect who BTW has so far done nothing but ask a female if she wanted a ride was DESCRIBED as being 40 or 50. so quite possibly he was 30 and thought the girl was 21.

And I imagine this guess at his age was done by young people who think anyone over 25 is 60.

There's nothing wrong with being careful but this sounds to me like it might be people freaking out over nothing.

It's not that I'm being exploitative or anything, it's just I hate to see those poor cute young things having to walk. Smiling

(The boys, of course, walking is good for building their moral characters.)
(03-08-2012, 12:24 AM)Tiamat Wrote:

Laughing Bazinga! Laughing