Poll: what do you know about beer
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I like the way it taste
60.00%
3 60.00%
I like the way I feel when I drink beer
40.00%
2 40.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We need a beer thread. No joke
(03-08-2012, 07:22 PM)bbqboy Wrote: So was my wife.
Never though about making beer from that.
You could use it to raise dough.
Someone was telling me about making alcohol in jail and they used slices of bread for the yeast, I can't remember exactly how now.
I don't drink beer as much as I used to. Just a cold Bud with a burrito or maybe Sapporo with Japanese food. I do like a pint of micro brew with pizza or maybe Thai food.
I still think the best ale in the world is Mt. Tam Pale Ale but it has to be on tap, not in a bottle. I also like Great White on tap.
Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Brown Ale

Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Brown Ale, from Rogue Ales, is a collision of crazies! This unique artisan creation contains a baker's dozen number of ingredients including bacon and maple syrup from one of Voodoo's signature doughnuts.
30 IBU 5.6% ABV. 25.4oz (750ml)

[Image: voodoo-doughnut-bacon-ma-20396-625d.jpg]

Rogue Ales Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Brown Ale:
Briess Cherrywood Smoked Malt, Weyermann Beechwood Smoked Malt, House-smoked Hickory Malt, Great Western 2 Row, Munich, C15, C75 Malts. Applewood-Smoked Bacon, Pure Maple Flavoring, Rogue Micro Hopyard Revolution & Independent Hops, Free Range Coastal Water & Pacman Yeast.
Extra-large size at 25.4oz (750ml) - that's as big as a bottle of wine!

Food Pairings:
Doughnuts & Pork.

http://www.madeinoregon.com/Voodoo-Dough...-22oz.html

Pirate radio down in SF makes a maple-bacon mocha-- temptation Smiling
(03-15-2012, 06:22 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Brown Ale

Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Brown Ale, from Rogue Ales, is a collision of crazies! This unique artisan creation contains a baker's dozen number of ingredients including bacon and maple syrup from one of Voodoo's signature doughnuts.
30 IBU 5.6% ABV. 25.4oz (750ml)

[Image: voodoo-doughnut-bacon-ma-20396-625d.jpg]

Rogue Ales Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Brown Ale:
Briess Cherrywood Smoked Malt, Weyermann Beechwood Smoked Malt, House-smoked Hickory Malt, Great Western 2 Row, Munich, C15, C75 Malts. Applewood-Smoked Bacon, Pure Maple Flavoring, Rogue Micro Hopyard Revolution & Independent Hops, Free Range Coastal Water & Pacman Yeast.
Extra-large size at 25.4oz (750ml) - that's as big as a bottle of wine!

Food Pairings:
Doughnuts & Pork.

http://www.madeinoregon.com/Voodoo-Dough...-22oz.html

Ugh.Eek!

I haven't... yet! But I am thinking about it! Wink Big Grin Razz

[Image: 90564642476176864_3t7Y5WP6_f.jpg]
I wonder if TVguy is still on the wagon.
based on how bitchy he's been, I'd say yes.
Tax Time

A woman walks into an accountant's office and tells him that she needs to file her taxes. The accountant says, "Before we begin, I'll need to Ask you a few questions. "He gets her name, address, Social security number, etc. And then asks, "What's Your occupation?"

"I'm a Lady of the Evening," she says. The accountant is somewhat taken aback and says, " Let's try to rephrase that."

The woman says, "OK, I'm a high-end call girl". "No, that still won't work. Try again."

They both think for a minute; then the woman says, "I'm an elite chicken farmer."

The accountant asks, "What does chicken farming haveTo do with being a prostitute?"

"Well, I raised a thousand little peckers last year."

"Chicken Farmer it is."
(03-28-2012, 11:35 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Tax Time

A woman walks into an accountant's office and tells him that she needs to file her taxes. The accountant says, "Before we begin, I'll need to Ask you a few questions. "He gets her name, address, Social security number, etc. And then asks, "What's Your occupation?"

"I'm a Lady of the Evening," she says. The accountant is somewhat taken aback and says, " Let's try to rephrase that."

The woman says, "OK, I'm a high-end call girl". "No, that still won't work. Try again."

They both think for a minute; then the woman says, "I'm an elite chicken farmer."

The accountant asks, "What does chicken farming haveTo do with being a prostitute?"

"Chicken Farmer it is."

I'm trying to connect this with beer.Unsure
If you'd drank enough beer it would be funner? Smiling
(03-28-2012, 02:20 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(03-28-2012, 11:35 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Tax Time

"Chicken Farmer it is."

I'm trying to connect this with beer.Unsure

BwaHaHaHa!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing One might think I've been drinking beer!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I had this thread open and the joke thread open... posted it in the wrong thread. Ooopsie! Embarrassed Big Grin
I was at the Rogue Ale's bar in Eugene a couple of weeks ago and lets just say that as much as I like their beer and LOVE the maple bacon bar from Voodoo..... that beer is nasty.

Love me some Rogue Ale Yellow Snow. Some Rogue Dead Guy Ale.