How to post a picture?
Hello, I am having trouble with posting a picture. I press the insert image button and then don't know what to do. I can post the URL of the image but not the image itself.

Help!
(03-10-2012, 10:01 AM)rainylady Wrote: Hello, I am having trouble with posting a picture. I press the insert image button and then don't know what to do. I can post the URL of the image but not the image itself.

Help!

You have to post the URL of the image in between the [img] and the [/img]
(03-10-2012, 10:02 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(03-10-2012, 10:01 AM)rainylady Wrote: Hello, I am having trouble with posting a picture. I press the insert image button and then don't know what to do. I can post the URL of the image but not the image itself.

Help!

You have to post the URL of the image in between the [img] and the [/img]
OK, I'll try that.
You have to have the jpeg file. If you are on a windows machine, right click on the photo and
open in new tab or page and you will get something that looks like this:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7064/67827...05c8_o.jpg

take that and insert it between the image tags and you get this:
[Image: 6782745950_a4978005c8_o.jpg]
Somebody comes, sets your table, and fixes you dinner?
Big family!
ha! I just chose a picture at random in my friend's thread about adventures in New Orleans, Mississippi and I think, Arkansas.(He hasn't posted that chapter yet.)
http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/Cajun-Cre...87567.aspx
[img]file:///C:/Users/Public/Pictures/Sample Pictures/Koala.jpg[/img]

NSFW Content: show

testing
(03-23-2012, 09:06 PM)chuck white Wrote: NSFW Content: show

testing

I've seen you using this NSFW code lately along with some code and file types I don't recognize. I haven't figured exactly what you're doing, but I get the idea you're somehow slipping in links that otherwise wouldn't be supported by the forum software. For example, this looks like an executable file to me, at least for Windows machines. Maybe someday I'll be 1/10 as smart as you. Smiling
(03-23-2012, 09:10 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(03-23-2012, 09:06 PM)chuck white Wrote: NSFW Content: show

testing

I've seen you using this NSFW code lately along with some code and file types I don't recognize. I haven't figured exactly what you're doing, but I get the idea you're somehow slipping in links that otherwise wouldn't be supported by the forum software. For example, this looks like an executable file to me, at least for Windows machines. Maybe someday I'll be 1/10 as smart as you. Smiling

I'm trying to figure out just what I can do with embeding url
I have been able to launch wave files and mp3.
wondering if I can point to hard drive?
Yup, I knew you were doing things that had never been done before. I only haven't studied it enough yet to figure out exactly what you're doing, but I'd noticed the different file types. I was impressed. I've been watching your code too. Smiling
(03-23-2012, 09:15 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Yup, I knew you were doing things that had never been done before. I only haven't studied it enough yet to figure out exactly what you're doing, but I'd noticed the different file types. I was impressed. I've been watching your code too. Smiling

Well it appears I can only point to things on the web. I wasn't sure if the browser would look for a file internally.
I can put the address in my browser and display a file.

Love the little trick hiding it as a "NSFW"
I've never found a way to make that work on the forum, or the web either one. But, I don't hold myself out as particularly technologically adept, either - only anal.
I'm thinking that the last thing you would want to do would be to post something that points to your hard drive.

Just sayin' ! Smiling
AVG/Windows won't even display Chuck's links for me...I'm just told they're not gonna show it.
(03-23-2012, 09:31 PM)imaham Wrote: I'm thinking that the last thing you would want to do would be to post something that points to your hard drive.

Just sayin' ! Smiling

Well it wouldn't point to my hard drive but to each persons hard drive that was viewing.
My thought was if I pointed to say "pict001" ,everyone probably has a different picture with that name. so each person's view would be different.

It appears my browser will only link to another web address. I can link to any type of file, but only certain types self execute, like waves, movies, pdfs or htmls. The rest want to save.
This what I call a sneaky trick
Looks like a NSFW, but it not really.

NSFW Content: show

It launches a U-tube