George Zimmerman-hero or murderer?
As of now, it is being investigated by a grand jury. Hopefully they will be able to sort through evidence and come up with enough to decide whether or not George Zimmerman should be prosecuted. After listening to the dispatcher's tapes, it sure sounds to me as if he felt threatened by having a black kid walking through his neighborhood; poor kid must have been scared to death. If GZ isn't indicted, I'd sure like to know why it's okay to shoot a thirteen-year old kid who 'looks' threatening. Geez, my DH putting out the garbage in his bathrobe could scare somebody to death but it doesn't mean someone should shoot him. (Just a little levity for the forum). Cool
He was 17 but the point stands. They now know he was talking to his girlfriend and telling her someone was following him.
Oh, right, he was 17. The first reports said he was 13. My bad. Embarrassed
Quote: TennisMom'
As of now, it is being investigated by a grand jury. Hopefully they will be able to sort through evidence and come up with enough to decide whether or not George Zimmerman should be prosecuted. After listening to the dispatcher's tapes, it sure sounds to me as if he felt threatened by having a black kid walking through his neighborhood;

Threatened? right or wrong it looks to me like he felt suspicious. When the black kid saw he was being followed he put his hoody up. Gee I don't know that sounds suspicious to me. Isn't that what someone would do to avoid being identified?
And none of us know WHY the two of them got in to a fistfight but a witness said they did.

Don't get me wrong like everyone else. I think Zimmerman should have been arrested and is guilty of a crime. I'm just not willing to proclaim he a big fat racist and only followed and shot this person because he was black.

(03-14-2012, 03:58 PM)Clone Wrote:
(03-14-2012, 03:41 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Well gee larry, I'm sorry. You're the poster boy on here who glorifies guns and killing.
What did i get wrong? Wasn't a double barreled pistol?
And thanks simon.I knew you'd come through.
Armed with skittles, walking back to his dad's girlfriend's house. Surely that's a good reason to blow this kid away.

Oh, well, according to the resident intellectual, he wasn't a kid.
He was a punk.
If he were a little older he'd be a thug.
But there is absolutely NO racism on this board.
It's all Al Sharpton's fault, dontcha know.
Speaking of Notsosharpton: http://gillreport.com/2012/03/video-al-s...xist-rant/
but you just drew conclusions.How do you know he prevented any crimes? Have you looked at arrests as a result of his 911 calls?
(03-21-2012, 06:49 PM)bbqboy Wrote: but you just drew conclusions.How do you know he prevented any crimes? Have you looked at arrests as a result of his 911 calls?

Ponder id drawing the conclusion that I am somehow like Zimmerman That he "felt" the same as me" Thats asinine and beyond ridiculous to think you know what this guy felt.

I have read about Zimmerman and have read the locals comment's about him . They were positive. One person thanked him for telling her she forgot to close her garage door.
I didn't say I knew what someone "felt". I said I bet his actions resulted in stopping some crimes. If anyone thinks they didn't then they have zero logic, If the guy was out often enough to call 911 50 times then DUH at least a few calls were legitimate.
He was calling 911 almost daily, and I haven't heard of a single arrest from any of them yet. Indeed, his own arrest will probably be his most noteworthy accomplishment in that regard.

It's not at all ridiculous to talk about how people carrying guns imagine they're making the world safer for all of us when in fact they're putting us all in increased danger instead.
Quote: 'PonderThis' pid='185276' dateline='1332427392']
He was calling 911 almost daily, and I haven't heard of a single arrest from any of them yet.
What makes you think if there were people arrested because of him that we would have heard about it. And what makes you think from 50 calls to the police about suspicious people in the neighborhood that none of those resulted in the cops showing up and running these people off?
It seems more likely to me that these actions did indeed prevent crime than not.
That's just logic but I suppose by just saying that will I will be accused of hero worship:wacko::wacko:

Quote:It's not at all ridiculous to talk about how people carrying guns imagine they're making the world safer for all of us when in fact they're putting us all in increased danger instead.

I said YOU were ridiculous thinking you know what Zimmerman felt and your conclusion that he and I are alike.
I never said I thought my carrying a gun made the world a safer place. You seem to have a problem with interpreting what people say and putting your own spin on it.

If you're not carrying your concealed weapon to make the world a better place, then you're carrying it to make your own world a better place (a basically selfish notion albeit effective). So, which is it?

Either way, somebody else did the suffering for this guy carrying a gun.

And, you and Zimmerman both think blacks cause more crime, so they warrant closer observation too. I submit your attitudes are, indeed, more similar than you want to admit.
Quote:'PonderThis' pid='185291' dateline='1332431327']
If you're not carrying your concealed weapon to make the world a better place, then you're carrying it to make your own world a better place (a basically selfish notion albeit effective). So, which is it?

If I carry a gun it's to protect my self and my family. That's not selfish just because some misguided person thinks so.

Quote:Either way, somebody else did the suffering for this guy carrying a gun.

Wrong, someone suffered because of what this guy did with a gun.

Quote:And, you and Zimmerman both think blacks cause more crime, so they warrant closer observation too. I submit your attitudes are, indeed, more similar than you want to admit.

Blacks do commit more crime, that's a fact you can't deal with or admit. That seems to be a real problem among you far lefties.
It only came up in this incident because Zimmerman was suspicious of a black male at night who put his hoody up when he saw he was being watched.Yeah, that would warrant closer observation to me also if I was a neighborhood watchman.

That doesn't make him a racist that makes him a profiler and there nothing wrong with profiling IMO.

(03-22-2012, 09:41 AM)tvguy Wrote:
Quote:'PonderThis' pid='185291' dateline='1332431327']

If I carry a gun it's to protect my self and my family. That's not selfish just because some misguided person thinks so.

Quote:Either way, somebody else did the suffering for this guy carrying a gun.

Wrong, someone suffered because of what this guy did with a gun.

Quote:And, you and Zimmerman both think blacks cause more crime, so they warrant closer observation too. I submit your attitudes are, indeed, more similar than you want to admit.

Blacks do commit more crime, that's a fact you can't deal with or admit. That seems to be a real problem among you far lefties.
It only came up in this incident because Zimmerman was suspicious of a black male at night who put his hoody up when he saw he was being watched.Yeah, that would warrant closer observation to me also if I was a neighborhood watchman.

That doesn't make him a racist that makes him a profiler and there nothing wrong with profiling IMO.
There is this article that agrees with what your saying about George and deterring crime.

“He once caught a thief and an arrest was made,” said Cynthia Wibker, secretary of the homeowners association. “He helped solve a lot of crimes.”

Zimmerman told neighbors about stolen laptops and unsavory characters. Ibrahim Rashada, a 25-year-old African American who works at U.S. Airways, once spotted young men cutting through the woods entering the complex on foot, and later learned items were stolen those days.

“It’s a gated community, but you can walk in and steal whatever you want,” Rashada’s wife, Quianna, said.

They discussed the topic with Zimmerman when the watch captain knocked on their door late last year. Zimmerman seemed friendly, helpful, and a “pretty cool dude,” Ibrahim Rashada said.

“He came by here and talked about carrying guns and getting my wife more involved with guns,” he said. “He said I should have a weapon and that his wife took classes to learn how to use one.

“I do have a weapon, but I don’t walk around the neighborhood with mine!”

Actually, he does not walk around the neighborhood at all.

“I fit the stereotype he emailed around,” he said. “Listen, you even hear me say it: ‘A black guy did this. A black guy did that.’ So I thought, ‘Let me sit in the house. I don’t want anyone chasing me.’?”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/17/27...rylink=cpy

And what about this witness?

Investigators with the Sanford Police Department are still trying to figure out exactly what happened during an altercation which resulted in a fatal shooting in the Twin Lakes area. The shooting happened just after 7 p.m. Sunday evening on Twin Trees Lane. A man who witnessed part of the altercation contacted authorities.

"The guy on the bottom, who had a red sweater on, was yelling to me, 'Help! Help!' and I told him to stop, and I was calling 911," said the witness, who asked to be identified only by his first name, John.

John said he locked his patio door, ran upstairs and heard at least one gun shot.

"And then, when I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on the top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point."

Read more: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/sem...z1psEoueY0
(03-21-2012, 02:54 PM)tornado Wrote: Speaking of Notsosharpton: http://gillreport.com/2012/03/video-al-s...xist-rant/
Sharpton makes his money by creating racism where it is not. The gullible eat it up.Wink
Interesting, if true. Is the media steering public opinion?

[Image: beforeandafter.jpg]
(03-26-2012, 06:05 PM)Larry Wrote: Interesting, if true. Is the media steering public opinion?

[Image: beforeandafter.jpg]
It's not impossible that the kid was a wannabe gangster. It happens all the time. Some are more real than others are just pretending. In this case, the kid on the phone with his girlfriend has the evidence of that conversation. They've got to reveal that.
George must be a hero. Why else would he be on a tshirt?

[Image: article-2120504-1258523D000005DC-944_296x403.jpg]
Looks like a wanted poster to me. How do you get hero out of that?
From CNN:

Quote:State Attorney Angela Corey, appointed as a special prosecutor in the February shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida, has decided against sending the case to a grand jury, her office said Monday.

"The decision should not be considered a factor in the final determination of the case," Corey's office said in a statement.

"At this time, the investigation continues and there will be no further comment from this office," the statement said.
(03-20-2012, 09:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Quote: 'cletus1' pid='

Zimmerman shot the black kid because he looked suspicious like black people tend to look.

I think he followed the kid because the kid acted suspicious or at least Zimmer thought so. How and why he shot isn't clear. Apparently they fought. I still haven't seen anything that shows the kids race had anything whatsoever to do with what happened.

It must be nice to have that crystal ball you have and know things that just can't be known.

What was that remark you just made the other day when a trespassing cop shot a homeowner?? Oh yeah I remember, you said it probably didn't help because the home owner was Hispanic.

OK so ALL cops are racists and of course the wanna be white guy is also. Just don't put that crystal ball in a sunny window.Laughing

Thank you for the best post in this entire topic.

It's amazing how everyone here in Oregon knows what Zimmerman was THINKING and how he FELT. There really are only two people that KNOW what fully happened and unfortunately one of them is dead.
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/04/09/gra...rtin-case/

MIAMI (CBS4) – Florida State Attorney Angela Corey decided Monday to not use a Grand Jury in the Trayvon Martin shooting death.

The grand jury was expected to release their report on Tuesday as to whether Zimmerman should be charged in the Feb. 26th shooting. The case is now in the hands of special prosecutor Angela Corey.

Ms. Corey said from the beginning that she may not need a grand jury.

According to the state attorney’s office, the decision “should not be considered a factor in the final determination of the case.”