George Zimmerman-hero or murderer?
(04-09-2012, 02:17 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/04/09/gra...rtin-case/

MIAMI (CBS4) – Florida State Attorney Angela Corey decided Monday to not use a Grand Jury in the Trayvon Martin shooting death.

The grand jury was expected to release their report on Tuesday as to whether Zimmerman should be charged in the Feb. 26th shooting. The case is now in the hands of special prosecutor Angela Corey.

Ms. Corey said from the beginning that she may not need a grand jury.

According to the state attorney’s office, the decision “should not be considered a factor in the final determination of the case.”
Hold on to your horses Florida..this will not play out well on the streets of Florida.
(03-22-2012, 07:43 AM)PonderThis Wrote: He was calling 911 almost daily, and I haven't heard of a single arrest from any of them yet. Indeed, his own arrest will probably be his most noteworthy accomplishment in that regard.

It's not at all ridiculous to talk about how people carrying guns imagine they're making the world safer for all of us when in fact they're putting us all in increased danger instead.

It is, however, ridicules to paint all gun owners with a broad brush as exampled above based on the actions of one person.

Fortunately, I have a whole forum full of gun nuts here to keep me informed on what gun nuts think and feel, so I'm not dependent on any one person as my sole source of information on what gun nuts think and do. Smiling

p.s. not to mention a whole neighborhood full, too.
So, if someone feels that owning a gun is 'OK' it makes them a nut? If not, what exactly is a 'gun nut'?
Wow, someone in Hollywood with some brains:

Quote:Don Cheadle, actor and anti-genocide activist, mocked NBC News and accused the network of "bias" for their broadcast of an edited 911 tape portraying Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman as a racist.

"Dear NBC News, Huh???" Cheadle tweeted along with a link to the story containing NBC's apology. "It was 'an error made in the production process that we deeply regret.' Really? 'Error?'" he added in a follow-up tweet. "Anybody out there know anything about editing?"

NBC's Today Show aired audio of Zimmerman calling 911 about Trayvon Martin. The NBC version has Zimmerman saying Martin is "suspicious," without providing any reason except "he looks black." The full tape shows that Zimmerman only mentioned Martin's race in response to a direct question from the 911 dispatcher.
http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.c...ape/465251
(04-09-2012, 02:44 PM)BeerMe Wrote: what exactly is a 'gun nut'?

A catch-all euphemism for people that not only own guns but want to carry them everywhere they go and make shooting things a focal point of their conversations and forum postings, who think the answer to everything is plugging a hole in it. People who feel inherently weak and feel the psychological need for being able to kill others in order to feel good about themselves. An unnatural affinity for firearms as opposed to peacemaking ventures. Those kinds of things make up my definition of "gun nut", but others may differ.
(04-09-2012, 02:55 PM)PonderThis Wrote:

A catch-all euphemism for people that not only own guns but want to carry them everywhere they go and make shooting things a focal point of their conversations and forum postings, who think the answer to everything is plugging a hole in it. People who feel inherently weak and feel the psychological need for being able to kill others in order to feel good about themselves. An unnatural affinity for firearms as opposed to peacemaking ventures. Those kinds of things make up my definition of "gun nut", but others may differ.

My father has guns, he has a cc. I am not sure if he has ever had to pull his guns. So do you consider him a gun nut, or What about that young lady that killed that guy that was breaking into her house. Was she a gun nut?
Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with either one of them to say. TVguy, Simon, Orygunluvr, Larry - those are some forum examples of people I might consider to be gun nuts, if you want some suggestions.
(04-09-2012, 03:27 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with either one of them to say. TVguy, Simon, Orygunluvr, Larry - those are some forum examples of people I might consider to be gun nuts, if you want some suggestions.

I find that interesting since none of those people that you mentioned have any of those characteristics other than owning guns. Maybe you owe all four of them an apology?

(04-09-2012, 03:39 PM)imaham Wrote:
(04-09-2012, 03:27 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with either one of them to say. TVguy, Simon, Orygunluvr, Larry - those are some forum examples of people I might consider to be gun nuts, if you want some suggestions.

I find that interesting since none of those people that you mentioned have any of those characteristics other than owning guns. Maybe you owe all four of them an apology?

I'll apologize to who I feel like, at least I'm willing to name names. Everyone of those is a kill happy freak imho. Look at TV, he even likes blasting squirrels to kingdom come as sport and could give a shit less about other creatures pain. Larry has posted he'd like to wish death on every Muslim. Oregunluvr has posted at length about his love and fascination for automatic weaponry. Simon, well I just threw him in there because, but he's probably similar. You quite possibly too. Smiling

So what qualifications do you have to base your ASSumptions on?

Forum observer.
(04-09-2012, 03:47 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Forum observer.

So what's wrong with a gun nut? Most of my guns have killed less people than the Kennedy family. I say most because some of my collectibles are form wartime eras.

(04-09-2012, 03:43 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I'll apologize to who I feel like, at least I'm willing to name names. Everyone of those is a kill happy freak imho. Look at TV, he even likes blasting squirrels to kingdom come as sport and could give a shit less about other creatures pain. Larry has posted he'd like to wish death on every Muslim. Oregunluvr has posted at length about his love and fascination for automatic weaponry. Simon, well I just threw him in there because, but he's probably similar. You quite possibly too. Smiling

Ok, let's dissect this. You posted:

Quote:A catch-all euphemism for people that not only own guns but want to carry them everywhere they go and make shooting things a focal point of their conversations and forum postings, who think the answer to everything is plugging a hole in it. People who feel inherently weak and feel the psychological need for being able to kill others in order to feel good about themselves. An unnatural affinity for firearms as opposed to peacemaking ventures. Those kinds of things make up my definition of "gun nut", but others may differ.

I don't know for a fact but I would assume that you are correct that all four own guns. I would include myself in that too.

As to carrying them everywhere they go I haven't seen anything relating to that other than perhaps wanting to have a concealed permit. I don't see anything wrong with that as long as all of the qualifications are met. I would have no way of knowing if all four are qualified. I would most certainly have one if the gestapo Bay Area government would even remotely allow it. I had one in Oregon and also had a FFL.

As to making shooting things a focal point of their conversations that is a bit of a broad brush. Yes, some of their posts might relate to that but surely not all.

The answer to everything is plugging a hole in it. Silly. Really

Feel inherently weak and need to shoot others to feel good. Are you serious? That is just a complete asinine statement. Really.

An affinity for firearms instead of peacemaking. I don't think so. That is a huge assumption.

I still think that you owe them an apology.

(04-09-2012, 04:07 PM)imaham Wrote: I still think that you owe them an apology.

And, if I was letting you do my thinking for me, I suppose I'd be giving them one, too. Smiling
(04-09-2012, 04:26 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(04-09-2012, 04:07 PM)imaham Wrote: I still think that you owe them an apology.

And, if I was letting you do my thinking for me, I suppose I'd be giving them one, too. Smiling

Hey, it is just my opinion. You can do what you want. You wouldn't want me thinking for you anyway. It would probably hurt your brain. Smiling

It hurts my brain to think of it.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/88637535/Zimme...l-Redacted
Yep
(04-09-2012, 03:16 PM)blondemom Wrote:
(04-09-2012, 02:55 PM)PonderThis Wrote:

My father has guns, he has a cc. I am not sure if he has ever had to pull his guns. So do you consider him a gun nut, or What about that young lady that killed that guy that was breaking into her house. Was she a gun nut?

I think you're not getting the ENTIRE picture. I have highlighted in red what PonderThis actually said about what he felt the definition of "gun nut" was. Please read it in its entirety.