10 of the Most Irritating Phrases
(05-07-2019, 03:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: Like I said..... Nuts   Looks like Virtue signalling is is favorite phrase.

[Image: colby-ee.jpg]

I don't know how old this one is....Colbey has made a point of being such a man and finding (virtue signaling) his
new found sobriety, but somehow, I'm questioning it, especially after his unsolicited PM to me, out of the blue and stuff like this.
(05-07-2019, 03:18 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 03:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: Like I said..... Nuts   Looks like Virtue signalling is is favorite phrase.

[Image: colby-ee.jpg]

I don't know how old this one is....Colbey has made a point of being such a man and finding (virtue signaling) his
new found sobriety, but somehow, I'm questioning it, especially after his unsolicited PM to me, out of the blue and stuff like this.
This was from the time a guy made a post about a hemp processing machine running and making a lot of noise at night.
It was in an are zoned Mixed residential and commercial.

He was asking if anyone knew the decibel level allowed late at night. I told him to go ahead and call the city on him.

In Cody's mind that meant I was too ready to call the law on someone and that the guy should just go talk to the noise makers.
My opinion was why do that when you don't even know if you have a legal right to complain.

This is his unsolicited PM to me    "Do us all a favor and start killing those who think like.you before you kill yourself you pussy"
Laughing Laughing
(05-07-2019, 03:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:

This is his unsolicited PM to me    "Do us all a favor and start killing those who think like.you before you kill yourself you pussy"
Laughing Laughing

Right, damn stable, sober, AND virtue signaling! Laughing
(05-07-2019, 03:36 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Another stable genius. Razz  What did he send to you? Was it cray cray
(05-07-2019, 03:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Laughing Laughing

He told me to be myself. (stop being you).  Which is weird, because we don't really post the same at all. Sometimes we do, and agree with each other but really quite different.
(05-07-2019, 03:49 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 03:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 03:18 PM)Juniper Wrote: I don't know how old this one is....Colbey has made a point of being such a man and finding (virtue signaling) his

Laughing Laughing

He told me to be myself. (stop being you).  Which is weird, because we don't really post the same at all. Sometimes we do, and agree with each other but really quite different.

He had to PM you to tell you that Rolling Eyes He's a psycho.
I hesitated to reply to this string because I hadn't heard the term "virtue signaling" before. My opinion is it's not a good term because it isn't apparent what it might mean but that's just me. I did look it up and my immediate impression was "what, we're really sub-categorizing arrogant pricks to that fine a point now?"

Then after reading the rest of the thread I think staying out of this was the thing to do. Those quoted posts don't make much sense to me. English may have just evolved beyond me.   Embarrassed Laughing
(05-07-2019, 05:52 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I hesitated to reply to this string because I hadn't heard the term "virtue signaling" before. My opinion is it's not a good term because it isn't apparent what it might mean but that's just me. I did look it up and my immediate impression was "what, we're really sub-categorizing arrogant pricks to that fine a point now?"

Then after reading the rest of the thread I think staying out of this was the thing to do. Those quoted posts don't make much sense to me. English may have just evolved beyond me.   Embarrassed  Laughing

Like I said I never heard it before either although it was used towards me. But I didn't pay any attention because it was a loopy loon who said it. I thought it was some shit he made up. Razz
 Those quoted posts don't make much sense to me They were not meant to LOL It was for Juniper.

Anyway I don't see anything wrong with the phrase. I think it means blowing your own horn and you don't think others know you are.
(05-07-2019, 07:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 05:52 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I hesitated to reply to this string because I hadn't heard the term "virtue signaling" before. My opinion is it's not a good term because it isn't apparent what it might mean but that's just me. I did look it up and my immediate impression was "what, we're really sub-categorizing arrogant pricks to that fine a point now?"

Then after reading the rest of the thread I think staying out of this was the thing to do. Those quoted posts don't make much sense to me. English may have just evolved beyond me.   Embarrassed  Laughing

Like I said I never heard it before either although it was used towards me. But I didn't pay any attention because it was a loopy loon who said it. I thought it was some shit he made up. Razz
 Those quoted posts don't make much sense to me They were not meant to LOL It was for Juniper.

Anyway I don't see anything wrong with the phrase. I think it means blowing your own horn and you don't think others know you are.

Of course, blowing your own horn is what it means. I think what sets my teeth on edge about it is the double standard of it. While decrying the behavior, you kind of do it yourself. Or, at least people I've seen using it seem to do that. It's only something that's come to my awareness these last few months, mostly by this idiot TV and I have seen on FB, but I've noticed it cropping else elsewhere. I think it bothers me, because it seems to be a catch phrase of one group against another. Kind of like calling libs "snowflakes".  It's not that it's an inaccurate phrase to use if used correctly, it just seems...contrived somehow.
(05-07-2019, 08:54 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 07:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Of course, blowing your own horn is what it means. I think what sets my teeth on edge about it is the double standard of it. While decrying the behavior, you kind of do it yourself. Or, at least people I've seen using it seem to do that. It's only something that's come to my awareness these last few months, mostly by this idiot TV and I have seen on FB, but I've noticed it cropping else elsewhere. I think it bothers me, because it seems to be a catch phrase of one group against another. Kind of like calling libs "snowflakes".  It's not that it's an inaccurate phrase to use if used correctly, it just seems...contrived somehow.
Yeah I get it. But still if it is calling someone out for blowing their own horn then the one using it may just be calling a spade a spade and still be humble LOL.
(05-07-2019, 03:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 03:08 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 03:05 PM)tvguy Wrote: He thinks I have multiple accounts and he can see them all because he figured out my textual content Laughing Laughing Laughing
   I've never been blocked multiple times.. Only once. From a rabid shithole far right wing site.

[Image: colby-cc.jpg]

What makes him think you have multiple accounts, and how would HE know?
Beats me but it's too funny he spends the time looking at others accounts and somehow assuming I am them because they must use a few similar words.

I had one asshole start calling me Uncle Billy, which only my 2 neices on FB use, which means he combed through my timeline for months. That's when I started blocking people.
(05-08-2019, 05:34 AM)bbqboy Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 03:05 PM)tvguy Wrote: He thinks I have multiple accounts and he can see them all because he figured out my textual content Laughing Laughing Laughing
   I've never been blocked multiple times.. Only once. From a rabid shithole far right wing site.

Beats me but it's too funny he spends the time looking at others accounts and somehow assuming I am them because they must use a few similar words.

I had one asshole start calling me Uncle Billy, which only my 2 neices on FB use, which means he combed through my timeline for months. That's when I started blocking people.
Wow.
You can tell sometimes when someone has been looking at your profile.

It's like having your own stalker. But why go you have your settings set to allow this guy to look at your timeline?
(05-08-2019, 06:18 AM)Juniper Wrote:

Wow.
You can tell sometimes when someone has been looking at your profile.

Well when someone accuses me of having a fake profile it pretty much proves he can't see my timeline or photos.