15 American Foods Foreigners find Weird
(03-25-2012, 07:56 PM)chuck white Wrote: Deep fried pig skins seems disgusting

Dip 'em in Salsa... YUM!
(03-25-2012, 08:39 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I call them fart pillows. Smiling

What? The fried bread thingamabobs? Razz
I can call anything any name I want. Doesn't mean anyone else will know what I'm talkin' about, of course... Smiling
(03-26-2012, 12:48 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I can call anything any name I want. Doesn't mean anyone else will know what I'm talkin' about, of course... Smiling

Yes, you can. Of course, people might start thinking that you have Alzheimer's! Neutral
(03-26-2012, 06:38 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(03-25-2012, 07:56 PM)chuck white Wrote: Deep fried pig skins seems disgusting

Dip 'em in Salsa... YUM!

those are good like that. Now making them fresh is so much better than the bagged stuff. then you chop it up and add it to corn bread it is so good.

I love sopapillas (and I do not eat them with honey), now there is a goat dish that I would eat during the Santa Fe Fiesta and the burning of the Zozobra that was very good until I found out that there was goat blood in it. So after that I would never let people tell me what was in the dishes that I liked. But I never like menudo.
(03-25-2012, 10:57 AM)Tiamat Wrote: How about this list?

Marshmallow fluff.

Miracle whip

maple bacon

Spam

Cheese Whiz

Oh, and I've still never had a fried pickle.

Haha, that's a hilarious list. Laughing I like all that stuff. My Brit DH blanches at the thought of every single item. Fluffernutters, anyone? On Wonder Bread, of course. Sleepy

Maple syrup on bacon or breakfast sausage is, shall we say, a misunderstood American treat, as is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I've never had a frito pie or biscuits and gravy but have seen the latter. Yuck.

[/quote]
. Fluffernutters, anyone? On Wonder Bread, of course. Sleepy

Maple syrup on bacon or breakfast sausage is, shall we say, a misunderstood American treat, as is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I've never had a frito pie or biscuits and gravy but have seen the latter. Yuck.

[/quote]

Mrs Baird, white bread with deviled ham ham and mustard.

Biscuits and gravy are comfort food for me and my kids. The same can be said for frito pie. Every year during the Balloon Fiesta I would have a green chile breakfast burrito, or frito pie for breakfast.
No wonder bread either. Peanut butter is good with HONEY. I love maple syrup on sausages. Not sure about the "frito pie" Maybe. a million an a half years ago. Biscuits and gravy are to die for. Not sure what Mrs Baird is.
[Image: 6807678282_b828ccd77d.jpg]
(03-26-2012, 06:01 PM)bbqboy Wrote: [Image: 6807678282_b828ccd77d.jpg]

Boy, that looks yucky!!Twitch
Looks like lipstick on a pig.
How is it I am 50+ and have just learned what "ants on a log" is. Someone please tell me you don't know what this is, please.....Smiling
That's celery with peanut butter and raisins, right?
(03-26-2012, 08:46 PM)Valuesize Wrote: How is it I am 50+ and have just learned what "ants on a log" is. Someone please tell me you don't know what this is, please.....Smiling

Laughing Laughing
Some folks just miss out, eh?
You must not have had the experience of preparing snacks
for a Co-op pre-school! Big Grin
(03-26-2012, 08:46 PM)Valuesize Wrote: How is it I am 50+ and have just learned what "ants on a log" is. Someone please tell me you don't know what this is, please.....Smiling

I'm 50+ and just found out what it was last summer. My youngest grandgirl likes 'em! Smiling
Huh....I've been eating those for 50 + years!
Oh yeah, ants on a log were a snack time staple at our house growing up.

Never had a fluffer nutter- heck, barely had wonder bread growing up (had it at a friends house- it was the holy grail of 'dinner at a friend' meals, right up there with kraft mac & cheese). Biscuits & gravy-- I had never heard of it until the first time I met the in-laws Smiling

As an ex-Kindergarten/pre-school teacher, OF COURSE I know that that is. Laughing
Hog snouts usually wind up in the ice cream.
(03-27-2012, 12:56 PM)illcommandante Wrote: Hog snouts usually wind up in the ice cream.

That's the bacon flavored ice cream. You know they have it!