Jane Fonda To Play Nancy Reagan
Wow! Quite a lineup!

[Image: r-JANE-FONDA-NANCY-REAGAN-THE-BUTLER-large570.jpg]

Just because Jane Fonda is a politically active Democrat doesn't mean she can't portray someone from the opposite side.

According to Variety, the 74-year-old actress is set to play former First Lady Nancy Regan in the upcoming film "The Butler."

Directed by Lee Daniels ("Precious"), the film follows White House butler Eugene Allen and the 34 years he spent working at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Forest Whitaker is currently in talks to play Allen, with Oprah potentially playing his wife. Liam Neeson and John Cusack are being considered for the presidential roles of Lyndon B. Johnson and Richard Nixon, respectively.

As the Hollywood Reporter pointed out earlier this month, "[Eugene] Allen started at the White House as a 'pantry man' in 1952, when blacks weren't allowed to use public restrooms in his native Virginia. He ended up serving eight presidents and had a unique front-row seat as political and racial history was mad."

"The Butler" currently has no release date.

http://news.moviefone.com/2012/03/26/the...lp00000003
Liam Neeson...LBJ??? John Cusak? Nixon?UnsureUnsureUnsure
I'm looking forward to it!
(03-26-2012, 07:21 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Liam Neeson...LBJ??? John Cusak? Nixon?UnsureUnsureUnsure

Seems as if all their choices are a bit "off".:wacko:
Alright! Barberella!!
It seemed like a good choice when they were thinking of Neeson for Abraham Lincoln, but it went to Abraham Lincoln.
who will play frank sinatra?
Larry loves Jane Fonda. He will be pleased to know she is portraying Saint Ronnie's wife. Smiling
it won't be a movie that I will ever watch
I'm anxious to see how well the actors chosen do in the film.
Also... I'm open-minded enough to watch the movie before I make judgement on it.
(03-27-2012, 09:26 AM)blondemom Wrote: it won't be a movie that I will ever watch

The essence of acting is creating and portraying a character. You seem to be assuming Jane will make Nancy evil because she is Jane. That ain't how it works.
(03-27-2012, 10:50 AM)bbqboy Wrote:
(03-27-2012, 09:26 AM)blondemom Wrote: it won't be a movie that I will ever watch

The essence of acting is creating and portraying a character. You seem to be assuming Jane will make Nancy evil because she is Jane. That ain't how it works.

No, I can't stand Jane Fonda.

I find it a fascinating story...I like stories about what's going on in the background, with a new/different perspective.

I don't know if feelings about Jane Fonda have anything to do with your statement, but I will say if you look at the picture on the first post you can already see the resemblence. Smiling
(03-27-2012, 12:06 PM)Clone Wrote:

I find it a fascinating story...I like stories about what's going on in the background, with a new/different perspective.

I don't know if feelings about Jane Fonda have anything to do with your statement, but I will say if you look at the picture on the first post you can already see the resemblence. Smiling
I can say that she does look like her. But I can not stand Jane Fonda, I do not like her as an actress.
(03-27-2012, 12:35 PM)blondemom Wrote: I can say that she does look like her. But I can not stand Jane Fonda, I do not like her as an actress.

Her peers disagree, I guess.
She's been nominated 7 times for an Academy Award and won the award twice. Wink
(03-27-2012, 01:42 PM)Clone Wrote:
(03-27-2012, 12:35 PM)blondemom Wrote: I can say that she does look like her. But I can not stand Jane Fonda, I do not like her as an actress.

Her peers disagree, I guess.
She's been nominated 7 times for an Academy Award and won the award twice. Wink

that's fine. I still can't stand her. I do not like watching Will Ferrell either, but my boys think he is one of the funniest actors in the world.
(03-27-2012, 10:55 AM)blondemom Wrote:
(03-27-2012, 10:50 AM)bbqboy Wrote:

No, I can't stand Jane Fonda.

I don't like her either but she has made some good movies. The story sounds very interesting. Sounds like Jane will have a small part. Hopefully the movie stays true to the point of view of the butler and what he saw and not the politics of it.
(03-27-2012, 12:35 PM)blondemom Wrote:
(03-27-2012, 12:06 PM)Clone Wrote:

I can say that she does look like her. But I can not stand Jane Fonda, I do not like her as an actress.

I can just see Ronald Reagan rolling over in his grave.....