Weapon of choice in E-World
I have a desktop computer (An older laptop now connected to WiFi, Printer etc)
And a laptop (using it for this).
I recently surrendered a Nook e-reader for a Nook tablet.
I bought and used, for a short time, a "Web book", a nifty little 10" laptop that I liked a lot. But, I donated it to a alliterative school where I was volunteering. (Glad I did, Damn it)

So, I bought the Nook tablet for something portable to take to places where I hang out that has WiFi. I liked the size, and price, compared to the iPad. (Take it on motorcycle trips).

I read recently on CNET that the little "Web books" are soon to be a thing of the past, replaced by tablets.
Well...
My little Nook Tablet is great for viewing most content. (I subscribe to the NYT and Christian Science Monitor and read them with ease. Magazines are clumsy on it and I won't subscribe to them. (Having never used an iPad for magazines, I don't know if that works better. I have several baseball apps that work well too, and a WIKI app that works great. Viewing most online sites works okay, but takes a lot of scrolling.

Here is THE problem. I could never use a tablet here. The "keyboard" is onscreen and impossible for text other than searchers, etc. On the other hand, the Net Books have a decent keyboard.

So, I wondering why the tablets are going to "replace not only Net Books, but as some suggest, laptops. Sure, you can spring for a keyboard, but the few folks I talk to say they are marginal at best.

My choice: A light, small laptop with a QWERT keyboard.

My take.
Do you have one?

clouds. Storage is turning to online vaults.
That keyboard thingisn't working out too well for Blackberry.
And magazines on the ipad rock.
(04-01-2012, 11:34 AM)bbqboy Wrote: clouds. Storage is turning to online vaults.
That keyboard thingisn't working out too well for Blackberry.
And magazines on the ipad rock.

Yea, The Cloud is the next big thing. (Or has been for awhile). But, can get spendy.

Good to know about magazines and the iPad. Still, there is the keyboard thing, and a keyboard on a Blackberry is no better than an on-screen keyboard.

Speaking of next big thing: Eric Hosmer, KC Royals.