Turkey says 2,800 flee Syria in one day
REYHANLI, Turkey (Reuters) - More than 2,800 Syrians fled across the border to Turkey from the region of Idlib on Thursday, a Turkish official said, more than double the highest previous one-day total.
The refugees all crossed close to the Turkish village of Bukulmez and more were waiting on the other side of the border, the official said. Forty-four minibuses ferried the arrivals from the border to a refugee camp at Reyhanli.
"The army is destroying buildings and bombing them till they turn to charcoal," said Mohammed Khatib, a refugee who said he came from Kastanaz, a Syrian town of 20,000 people

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/turkey-says-2-8...21325.html
Syria pressured from all sides at U.N. to halt violence
By Louis Charbonneau and Michelle Nichols | Reuters – 19 hrs ago
Email
Print
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Syria faced pressure from all sides at the United Nations on Thursday as U.N.-Arab League envoy Kofi Annan set a precise deadline for an end to the conflict with clear backing from Russia, China and the rest of the U.N. Security Council.
Speaking by video link from Geneva, Annan told the 193-nation U.N. General Assembly he was urging "the government and the opposition commanders to issue clear instructions so that the message reaches across the country, down to the fighter and soldier at the local level" at 6 a.m. (0400 GMT) on April 12.
http://news.yahoo.com/syria-pressured-si...39055.html
I hope they can oust their president. Looks like it's slim winnings. Who could hold their head up so high with such death and destruction?
RL , his ousting is only a stepping stone to Iran , and rest of the ME being annexed by the West .I'm not saying it is in theory a bad idea but the people who are doing the ousting are going to end up as dead as their enemies in an unnatural sort of way .
They have to meet and discuss peace. Both saying what they want. Negotiations.
That's not really the way the world works dear. Diplomacy and negotiations simply postpone the inevitable. The male principle is death and they manufacture bombs and bullets to use them.