Could This Be Why Police Are Cautious?
Quote:Reporting from Houston—
A police officer was shot and killed at an Austin, Texas, Wal-Mart in the early hours of Good Friday, authorities said.

Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo told The Times that Officer Jaime Padron responded to a call about a drunk man inside the store at about 2:20 a.m. local time. Padron, 40, didn't even have a chance to draw his weapon before he was shot in the throat and chest, Acevedo said.

"The suspect produced a semi-automatic pistol and shot the officer at point-blank range," Acevedo said.

Padron's bulletproof vest blocked the chest shot, Acevedo said, but not the shot to his throat.

At the back of the store, Pedro Garcia and roommate Sapna Sharma were shopping when they heard the gunfire, according to the Austin American-Statesman.

Quote:Padron, a native of San Angelo, Texas, is survived by his ex-wife; two daughters, ages 10 and 6, and his parents, Acevedo said.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/natio...3165.story
Yep , but then again , if they are dealing with a crazy person wielding a butter knife , why the same impulse to shoot and kill ? Which is the kind of instance the the next generation of total control tech will be touted as justifying Gub being the absolute authority.
(04-06-2012, 11:54 AM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: Yep , but then again , if they are dealing with a crazy person wielding a butter knife , why the same impulse to shoot and kill ? Which is the kind of instance the the next generation of total control tech will be touted as justifying Gub being the absolute authority.

but then again

What the fuck are you babbling about?? Holy crap dude you are as bad as Illcomamdante.

You use this story to launch in to one of your loony anti gub rants?:wacko::wacko:
I wore a boot knife, half of my life. I hope that wasn't crazy. I finally sold it on eBay, to a collector. That guy was crazy. Gun nuts are worse.
Hmmm, this received the attention that I thought it would from our resident 'Progressives'. Doesn't fit the rallying cry so let's just not comment.
I guess that's why we pay high school graduates $60,000 & $80,000 salaries. It's a dangerous game. Sorry.
(04-09-2012, 09:29 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I guess that's why we pay high school graduates $60,000 & $80,000 salaries. It's a dangerous game. Sorry.

Twitch
They could always join the Army and risk their lives for less.
(04-09-2012, 09:24 AM)BeerMe Wrote: Hmmm, this received the attention that I thought it would from our resident 'Progressives'. Doesn't fit the rallying cry so let's just not comment.

The leftists cry that we need gun control, that the reason we have cops is to keep us safe, just call the cops. Then when they have negative encounters with them because they get caught breaking the law, they hate them. Then there are those that think everything can be solved with fairy dust. Then when they are accosted by some wack job, they want the cops or buy a gun. Just look at what happens at gun stores AFTER a random act of violence in a neighborhood.

Let's see if I understand this. A cop walks into a store and gets shot by someone. It gets posted on here by someone who expects liberals to condemn something. Condemn what? That police officers should have guns and civilians should be unarmed? I think that's a good idea. My gun-supporting friends disagree. Fine. Ergo, you will have random gun violence such as this incident. We are all at risk of getting shot by a nut with a gun because of our liberal gun laws. Cops are in the same league as college students, elementary school kids and postal workers.

Why the sudden angst? Isn't a cop's death worth the freedom to own guns?

/sarc
(04-09-2012, 09:29 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I guess that's why we pay high school graduates $60,000 & $80,000 salaries. It's a dangerous game. Sorry.

Are you talking about high school graduates being cops? Because that is not the case anymore. There is rigorous training and you must have a degree and/or military experience.
How can they be graduates, when they left two years early? Sick of the contempt. When you roll down the window, and one of them says "Smart guy, huh?" you better hope his GED is forged. You better hope he hasn't gone and gotten educated.