I Am Curious Where This One Will Go
I am not trying to stir the pot here but find it interesting that we haven't heard anything about this as of yet. As usual, I want to defer any judgement as I don't think it is proper at this point.

We saw where the Florida case went. Note that Arizona also has a Stand your Ground law. It appears on the surface that this might be the defense. I want to see more information about what actually happened. Sad regardless, just like the Martin case.

Quote: Taco Bell Shooting Victim was Holding Leash, Not Weapon
Victim's sister calling for shooter's arrest

Updated: Wednesday, 04 Apr 2012, 5:12 PM MST
Published : Wednesday, 04 Apr 2012, 3:38 PM MST

LAVEEN - Police are saying more about a shooting at a Taco Bell Tuesday night in which one man died.

They're also identifying the victim as 29-year-old Daniel Adkins.

About 7:30 p.m., a 22-year-old man and his girlfriend ordered food at the Taco Bell drive-thru and were told to pull up while their order was prepared.

At the same time, Adkins stepped around a corner into the path of the vehicle and angry words were exchanged between he and the driver.

They got into an altercation and Adkins was shot once by the driver. He died at the scene.

The driver, a 22-year-old black male, called police but has not been arrested.

At first, the couple claimed that Adkins had a metal pipe that he swung at them -- but it turns out he was holding a dog leash with his yellow lab on the other end.

Family members want that driver arrested, but he's claiming self-defense.

"He needs to be behind bars. I'll never see my brother again," says sister Marina Reyes. "If he felt that my brother was threatening him, he could have easily just rolled up the window and called the cops."

A metal pipe or bat was never located. An independent witness did say Adkins swung his fists in the driver's direction.

“He swung his fist towards the driver window, and at some point the driver shot him,” says Phoenix Police Sgt. Tommy Thompson. “Just because we don’t book a person immediately does not mean we don’t charge a person at a later date.”

The dog, Lady, stayed by Adkins' side until the Humane Society came. Adkins lived with his mom and dad. He's 29, but his family says he's mentally disabled and has the mental capacity of a 12-year-old. He didn't drive, and walked wherever he went.

"This person is still on the loose and I don't agree with that. So he's saying self defense, then where's the weapon? Where's the pipe? They didn't find anything on my brother," says Reyes. "He was just too aggressive, you don't need to go that far."

The shooter's name has not been released. The investigation is still ongoing.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/cri...n-4-4-2012
How come none of you guys have started a thread on the Tulsa shootings?
(04-08-2012, 08:42 PM)imaham Wrote: I am not trying to stir the pot here but find it interesting that we haven't heard anything about this as of yet. As usual, I want to defer any judgement as I don't think it is proper at this point.

We saw where the Florida case went. Note that Arizona also has a Stand your Ground law. It appears on the surface that this might be the defense. I want to see more information about what actually happened. Sad regardless, just like the Martin case.

Quote: Taco Bell Shooting Victim was Holding Leash, Not Weapon
Victim's sister calling for shooter's arrest

Updated: Wednesday, 04 Apr 2012, 5:12 PM MST
Published : Wednesday, 04 Apr 2012, 3:38 PM MST

LAVEEN - Police are saying more about a shooting at a Taco Bell Tuesday night in which one man died.

They're also identifying the victim as 29-year-old Daniel Adkins.

About 7:30 p.m., a 22-year-old man and his girlfriend ordered food at the Taco Bell drive-thru and were told to pull up while their order was prepared.

At the same time, Adkins stepped around a corner into the path of the vehicle and angry words were exchanged between he and the driver.

They got into an altercation and Adkins was shot once by the driver. He died at the scene.

The driver, a 22-year-old black male, called police but has not been arrested.

At first, the couple claimed that Adkins had a metal pipe that he swung at them -- but it turns out he was holding a dog leash with his yellow lab on the other end.

Family members want that driver arrested, but he's claiming self-defense.

"He needs to be behind bars. I'll never see my brother again," says sister Marina Reyes. "If he felt that my brother was threatening him, he could have easily just rolled up the window and called the cops."

A metal pipe or bat was never located. An independent witness did say Adkins swung his fists in the driver's direction.

“He swung his fist towards the driver window, and at some point the driver shot him,” says Phoenix Police Sgt. Tommy Thompson. “Just because we don’t book a person immediately does not mean we don’t charge a person at a later date.”

The dog, Lady, stayed by Adkins' side until the Humane Society came. Adkins lived with his mom and dad. He's 29, but his family says he's mentally disabled and has the mental capacity of a 12-year-old. He didn't drive, and walked wherever he went.

"This person is still on the loose and I don't agree with that. So he's saying self defense, then where's the weapon? Where's the pipe? They didn't find anything on my brother," says Reyes. "He was just too aggressive, you don't need to go that far."

The shooter's name has not been released. The investigation is still ongoing.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/cr ... n-4-4-2012
Well, I will just watch if you don't mind. But thanks for finding it, it should be enlightening.
I hear people are gathering with candles and acting mentally disabled in memory of Adkins. The Reverend Pastor Clyde has called for everyone to act mentally disabled when they go to the polls. Kids are planning to all act mentally disabled during lunch tommorow in memory of him as well.
Funny they mentioned the shooter was black, but they didn't mention the color of the shootie.
(04-08-2012, 09:16 PM)chuck white Wrote: Funny they mentioned the shooter was black, but they didn't mention the color of the shootie.
Which was?
It appears that Adkins is a white Hispanic male.
The local tv news referred to Adkins as the "attacker".....
LA RAZA has put a price on the shooters head. Tshirts are being printed up , TV or ILLC will tell us what they say.

Why start a new thread?
(04-08-2012, 09:16 PM)chuck white Wrote: Funny they mentioned the shooter was black, but they didn't mention the color of the shootie.

No, they didn't but if you look at the picture, he was light complected. One story I saw said that he was white/hispanic. Go figure.

(04-08-2012, 09:29 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: LA RAZA has put a price on the shooters head. Tshirts are being printed up , TV or ILLC will tell us what they say.

They say... "I'm with stupid" and there's a big arrow.

This just in. The guy with the dog was blind.

They asked why he was swinging the seeing eye dog around on the leash and he said.. "I was just looking around".

I'll be be in the lounge all week.
(04-08-2012, 08:48 PM)bbqboy Wrote: How come none of you guys have started a thread on the Tulsa shootings?

I wasn't aware of it but I see where Hammy has started a thread on it. It appears that it could be racially motivated and they have made arrests.

In this case, as with the Martin case, no arrests have been made.

Other than that, what is your point?

http://cofcc.org/2012/04/two-teens-beat-...anford-fl/

Quote:White man on life support after hammer attack by two black teens near Sanford, FL

A fifty year old white old man is on life support after a near fatal beating. Police have arrested two black teens. The attack occurred near the community where the Trayvon Martin self-defense shooting took place.

(04-08-2012, 09:50 PM)imaham Wrote:
(04-08-2012, 08:48 PM)bbqboy Wrote: How come none of you guys have started a thread on the Tulsa shootings?

I wasn't aware of it but I see where Hammy has started a thread on it. It appears that it could be racially motivated and they have made arrests.

That we are biased

(04-08-2012, 10:33 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote:

That we are biased

Speak for yourself! Razz

He started that thread after I asked the question. It is all I've heard on the news the last 2 days. Interesting.
(04-08-2012, 10:49 PM)bbqboy Wrote:

He started that thread after I asked the question. It is all I've heard on the news the last 2 days. Interesting.

Got it. I honestly haven't listened to the news the past couple of days as I have been doing other things and posted this current topic when I heard about it today.

That new bulletin was form today , its the first time I heard they had made an arrest . Seems like good timing to post the story , I don't know why somebody had to whine about it instead of posting it themselves.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/1...CV20120410

Quote:Police say Tulsa shooting suspects confessed: report

Two white men accused of shooting five black people in Tulsa, Oklahoma, killing three of them, have confessed to authorities, media reports said on Monday, citing police and court documents.

Jake England, 19, has admitted to police that he shot three of the victims and Alvin Watts, 33, has said that he shot two others, a Tulsa police spokesman told the New York Times.

Three men and a woman were shot within a mile of each other in north Tulsa before dawn on Friday, police said. The body of a fifth victim was discovered outside a nearby funeral home in the predominantly black part of the city the same morning.

Police have described the shootings during the predawn hours of Friday as random because there is no evidence the suspects knew any of the victims. One witness said the gunman simply pulled his pickup truck to the side of the street and asked for directions before he opened fire.

England and Watts were arrested on Sunday in the shooting spree, which left residents on edge and prompted an intensive manhunt across Tulsa and surrounding areas.

They each face three counts of first-degree murder, two counts of shooting with intent to kill and a single charge of firearms possession during a felony. A first-degree murder conviction in Oklahoma can result in the death penalty.

Both men were ordered held on bail of more than $9 million during their first court appearance on Monday. The Tulsa World newspaper also reported that Watts had confessed to detectives, stating that he had he had shot two of the victims who had died.

A Tulsa police spokesman could not immediately be reached for comment on the reports. A spokeswoman for prosecutors told Reuters that she had not heard whether the suspects had confessed or not.

Shortly before Friday's killings, England had lamented on his Facebook page that two years had passed since his father was killed by a black man, who he referred to with a racial slur.

Tulsa District Attorney Tim Harris told reporters that hate crime charges would be considered if the evidence supported it. Tulsa Police Chief Chuck Jordan has said it was too early to know whether the shootings were racially motivated.

SHOOTINGS CALLED RANDOM

Criminal charges have not been formally filed but they will be after the prosecutor's office receives an investigative report from police, said Susan Witt, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office.

A formal arraignment, tentatively scheduled for April 16, will be held after charges are officially filed, Witt said.

The two suspects, who shared a one-bedroom house in a rural part of north Tulsa, are self-employed laborers, according to their Facebook pages. They were arrested after multiple anonymous telephone tips named them as the killers.

The Facebook pages of England and Watts have been removed from the Internet since the news media reported on some of their postings.

The Tulsa killings follow the shooting death of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin, a case that has captured national attention largely because of race.

Martin, 17, was black and the shooter, 28-year-old George Zimmerman, is white and Hispanic. Zimmerman has not been charged.