Four Oregon children diagnosed with E. coli
http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/local/sto...Jtd9g.cspx

Quote:Oregon health officials are investigating four E. coli cases that may be connected to a Clackamas County farm that distributes raw milk.

The Oregon Public Health Division reports that four children under the age of 15 have been diagnosed with E. coli, three of whom have been hospitalized. All four reportedly drank unpasteurized milk from Foundation Farm.

Two of the patients have developed hemolytic uremic syndrome, a type of kidney failure. Other customers of the farm have also reported cases of diarrhea and “symptoms typical of E. coli,” the health division said in a press release.

Foundation Farm distributes raw milk to 48 households that are part of a “herd-share,” the health division alleges, and its milk is not allowed to be sold in stores.

Anyone who obtained milk from the farm is asked to discard it immediately.

"Raw milk can carry harmful bacteria that can make you very sick or kill you,” said state Epidemiologist Dr. Katrina Hedberg in a statement. “Pasteurized milk has many health benefits. Raw milk is not any healthier than pasteurized milk and can carry illness-causing bacteria."
Funny , I bet I have a lot of E-coli in my system.
only one particular strand will make you sick.
Only one form of coliform bacteria presents a threat. But, the harmless ones will get you the same expensive recommendation. If you don't have E Coli, then all you have is food.