Earth Day Corruption-Big Money Spent $543 Million Lobbying To Doom Human Civilization
Earth Day is this Sunday, and millions of people worldwide are expected to take part in events intended to celebrate Mother Nature and call attention to environmental issues.

Looming in the background of this day of action and awareness is a great threat to both the earth and humanity: catastrophic climate change spurred on by carbon emissions. In the past year, we’ve seen catastrophic weather events like monster tornados, huge snow storms, and uncontrollable fires. Scientists are warning that rising tides will displace millions of people worldwide, including 3.7 million Americans.

Human civilization doesn’t have to allow this to happen. The nation’s governments can band together to regulate carbon dioxide and turn the tide on global warming. But here in the United States, we’ve seen powerful special interests beat back every serious effort to enact a comprehensive policy to battle climate change.

Here’s one example. One way to reduce pollution and carbon emissions is to start using renewable energy instead of fossil fuels. But the fossil fuel industry outspent the renewable energy industry by almost 20 times from 2009-2010 in lobbying. That dirty energy industry then received almost six times as much in government subsidies:

[Image: subsidizedsmog.gif]

In 2009 and 2010, Congress debated various versions of energy bills that would’ve established some sort of carbon trading system intended to cut down on fossil fuel emissions. But as Congress was debating this legislation, dirty energy interests spent a whopping $543 million lobbying to kill any comprehensive climate change legislation. Meanwhile, oil and gas industry Political Action Committees donated $6 million to federal candidates from January 2009 to June 2010.

Tackling climate change and saving human civilization is of utmost importance, but Big Money continues to stand in the way. If we’re ever going to save the earth and human civilization, we have to be willing to take on the corruption of our politics by moneyed interests.

[Image: earth.jpg]

Article from http://www.republicreport.org/2012/big-m...3-million/
(04-22-2012, 08:07 AM)Leonard Wrote: Earth Day is this Sunday, and millions of people worldwide are expected to take part in events intended to celebrate Mother Nature and call attention to environmental issues.

Looming in the background of this day of action and awareness is a great threat to both the earth and humanity: catastrophic climate change spurred on by carbon emissions. In the past year, we’ve seen catastrophic weather events like monster tornados, huge snow storms, and uncontrollable fires. Scientists are warning that rising tides will displace millions of people worldwide, including 3.7 million Americans.

Human civilization doesn’t have to allow this to happen. The nation’s governments can band together to regulate carbon dioxide and turn the tide on global warming. But here in the United States, we’ve seen powerful special interests beat back every serious effort to enact a comprehensive policy to battle climate change.

Here’s one example. One way to reduce pollution and carbon emissions is to start using renewable energy instead of fossil fuels. But the fossil fuel industry outspent the renewable energy industry by almost 20 times from 2009-2010 in lobbying. That dirty energy industry then received almost six times as much in government subsidies:

[Image: subsidizedsmog.gif]

In 2009 and 2010, Congress debated various versions of energy bills that would’ve established some sort of carbon trading system intended to cut down on fossil fuel emissions. But as Congress was debating this legislation, dirty energy interests spent a whopping $543 million lobbying to kill any comprehensive climate change legislation. Meanwhile, oil and gas industry Political Action Committees donated $6 million to federal candidates from January 2009 to June 2010.

Tackling climate change and saving human civilization is of utmost importance, but Big Money continues to stand in the way. If we’re ever going to save the earth and human civilization, we have to be willing to take on the corruption of our politics by moneyed interests.

[Image: earth.jpg]

Article from http://www.republicreport.org/2012/big-m...3-million/
People who don't have media to read about things like this are soo far behind. It is the knowledgeable that have to teach others of better ways of doing things.
Quote:Human civilization doesn’t have to allow this to happen. The nation’s governments can band together to regulate carbon dioxide and turn the tide on global warming. But here in the United States, we’ve seen powerful special interests beat back every serious effort to enact a comprehensive policy to battle climate change.

BULLSHIT Here in the USA we have a lot more and tighter restrictions on pollution and environmental protections of plants and species than most other countries plus we have big plans to be even MORE responsible in the future.

WTF do guys like you want?? Just shut down everything???

The nations can band together?? Tell that to China and spare me the miss America pageant speech.
One idea might be to not dismiss small scale off-grid efforts, since small scale efforts widely adapted is our only alternative to, for example, polluting, environmentally damaging and fish- killing methods of generating our bulk generated electricity we prize so for its cheapness.
(04-22-2012, 03:04 PM)PonderThis Wrote: One idea might be to not dismiss small scale off-grid efforts, since small scale efforts widely adapted is our only alternative to, for example, polluting, environmentally damaging and fish- killing methods of generating our bulk generated electricity we prize so for its cheapness.

If you are talking to me, I don't dismiss small scale off-grid efforts at all. I wish I was off the grid and props to anyone who is.

IMO most people can do a lot to reduce the energy we consume that increases green house gases and they are just too lazy or apathetic to do so or care.

Just watch how many cars go by with their AC's running when it's not even hot outside. And the same is true at many homes. Watch how fast people take of in cars and trucks even knowing they have to stop again in a block or two.
Watch how they accelerate all the way down the road and only brake at the very last seconds.
Look at how many lights are on during the days.
(04-22-2012, 03:12 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-22-2012, 03:04 PM)PonderThis Wrote: One idea might be to not dismiss small scale off-grid efforts, since small scale efforts widely adapted is our only alternative to, for example, polluting, environmentally damaging and fish- killing methods of generating our bulk generated electricity we prize so for its cheapness.

If you are talking to me, I don't dismiss small scale off-grid efforts at all. I wish I was off the grid and props to anyone who is.

IMO most people can do a lot to reduce the energy we consume that increases green house gases and they are just too lazy or apathetic to do so or care.

Just watch how many cars go by with their AC's running when it's not even hot outside. And the same is true at many homes. Watch how fast people take of in cars and trucks even knowing they have to stop again in a block or two.
Watch how they accelerate all the way down the road and only brake at the very last seconds.
The unknowns who can't be Green need to be taught how to be. There's got to be advertising for it. They are too stupid to do it alone. I never thought of recycling before I got my bins from the garbage company.
(04-22-2012, 03:30 PM)rainylady Wrote:

The unknowns who can't be Green need to be taught how to be. There's got to be advertising for it. They are too stupid to do it alone. I never thought of recycling before I got my bins from the garbage company.

Education is good and will work for some but most of the things I was talking about are what people do who just plain don't care.
(04-22-2012, 03:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-22-2012, 03:30 PM)rainylady Wrote:

Education is good and will work for some but most of the things I was talking about are what people do who just plain don't care.
Yes, the white trash yards... When I was driving up to see Ponder I would see junky yards all over the entire trip.