The Costco Craze
On my Hubby's Prilosec OTC I saved $9 (42 count) by getting the Kirkland Omeprazole.
I also saved $6 on his Triple Flex with Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM.

I also save by purchasing the Kirkland brands of Daily Vitamins, Fish Oil, Aller-Tec (Zyrtec), Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Excedrin, Aspirin, etc., etc.
(04-29-2012, 08:44 AM)Larry Wrote:
(04-29-2012, 08:34 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-28-2012, 07:58 PM)Larry Wrote:
(04-28-2012, 09:42 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-27-2012, 09:34 PM)Larry Wrote: I did the math. I save more on gas than my membership costs. I rarely shop there.

Do the math again and figure in the fact that Fred Meyer sells gas for the exact same price as Costco ($3.89). That's if you get the 3 cent price reduction for using their free value card.

I despise town, and Costco is "on my way" somewhere every 2 weeks.

OH Baloney, Fred Meyer is only another 1 1/2 miles towards the big sprawling bustling ghetto infested metropolis.

And I never go there. What's wrong with that? And now if you will excuse me, I am off to Costco to fill up my Yukon for the next 2 weeks.

Wrong? Nothing Larry but IMO it sounds very silly that's all to claim that it's so horrible to drive a mile and a half or that it puts you in "town".
Besides Fred Meyer is only a mile from Sportsmans whore house, surely you go there.
(04-29-2012, 08:58 AM)Scrapper Wrote: On my Hubby's Prilosec OTC I saved $9 (42 count) by getting the Kirkland Omeprazole.

I also save by purchasing the Kirkland brands of Daily Vitamins, Fish Oil, Aller-Tec (Zyrtec), Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Excedrin, Aspirin, etc., etc.

When I stopped eating too much fat I stopped getting heart burn Medication like you buy for your husband. You might run this by him but I never would have guessed that my constant heartburn UNLESS I took a pill every day was all caused by eating fat.
(04-29-2012, 09:18 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-29-2012, 08:58 AM)Scrapper Wrote: On my Hubby's Prilosec OTC I saved $9 (42 count) by getting the Kirkland Omeprazole.

When I stopped eating too much fat I stopped getting heart burn Medication like you buy for your husband. You might run this by him but I never would have guessed that my constant heartburn UNLESS I took a pill every day was all caused by eating fat.

Nope. Not his fat intake.
The Doc has been working with him for years.
(04-29-2012, 09:26 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

BTW, my Mom has the same issue. She is getting the tube with the camera shoved down her throat. They think she may have some sort of issue in her esophagus. So... it's not always about eating crappy.
(04-29-2012, 09:09 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-29-2012, 08:44 AM)Larry Wrote:
(04-29-2012, 08:34 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-28-2012, 07:58 PM)Larry Wrote:
(04-28-2012, 09:42 AM)tvguy Wrote: Do the math again and figure in the fact that Fred Meyer sells gas for the exact same price as Costco ($3.89). That's if you get the 3 cent price reduction for using their free value card.

I despise town, and Costco is "on my way" somewhere every 2 weeks.

OH Baloney, Fred Meyer is only another 1 1/2 miles towards the big sprawling bustling ghetto infested metropolis.

And I never go there. What's wrong with that? And now if you will excuse me, I am off to Costco to fill up my Yukon for the next 2 weeks.

Wrong? Nothing Larry but IMO it sounds very silly that's all to claim that it's so horrible to drive a mile and a half or that it puts you in "town".
Besides Fred Meyer is only a mile from Sportsmans whore house, surely you go there.

I just don't care for Freddy's. I think it's a mental block from the nasty one I lived next to in Portland when I was 18. Unreasonable? Probably. Eh.
(04-29-2012, 09:28 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

BTW, my Mom has the same issue. She is getting the tube with the camera shoved down her throat. They think she may have some sort of issue in her esophagus. So... it's not always about eating crappy.

I'm sure it's not but I bet that most often it is indeed about eating crappy.
(04-29-2012, 09:28 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

Does she drink carbonated drink? That will eat your esophagus.

good thing it was a problem with her sarcophagus
(04-29-2012, 12:49 PM)chuck white Wrote: Does she drink carbonated drink? That will eat your esophagus.

Every now and then she enjoys a Fresca... but she has drank coffee from morning to night for the last 50 years.
(04-29-2012, 01:03 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(04-29-2012, 12:49 PM)chuck white Wrote: Does she drink carbonated drink? That will eat your esophagus.

Every now and then she enjoys a Fresca... but she has drank coffee from morning to night for the last 50 years.

A Fresca?BlinkTwitch Does she have a Virginia slim with that Or a Lark Razz I didn't know they still had that stuff
(04-29-2012, 02:42 PM)tvguy Wrote:

A Fresca?BlinkTwitch Does she have a Virginia slim with that Or a Lark Razz I didn't know they still had that stuff

Laughing No... she doesn't smoke.
I do recall seeing her with a cigarette (I believe it was Newports) in one hand and a TAB in the other a lot when I was growing up!
(04-29-2012, 02:42 PM)tvguy Wrote:

FYI, TV, I buy Fresca all the time.

On another note, there is no Excedrin on any shelves anywhere. It's been pulled off the market! That's upsetting because Excedrin Migraine is the only thing that works for me for headaches.

you need your temples rubbed.
(04-29-2012, 09:01 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

On another note, there is no Excedrin on any shelves anywhere. It's been pulled off the market! That's upsetting because Excedrin Migraine is the only thing that works for me for headaches.

Actually... I bought Excedrin Migraine yesterday!

(04-29-2012, 09:17 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Hmmm, good news, it's back! Or Costco isn't minding the recall.
(04-29-2012, 09:09 PM)bbqboy Wrote: you need your temples rubbed.
Laughing
(04-29-2012, 09:24 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(04-29-2012, 09:17 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Hmmm, good news, it's back! Or Costco isn't minding the recall.

No... it's back. The last time I was there I couldn't get it. Yesterday... bottles and bottles!
hooray!!!