War on Women
(05-17-2012, 08:36 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Must have missed something. Laughing

I like your quote you've been using lately. And, this should take care of that quirky page 4 problem, too. Smiling
Did you know the author or need to Google him?
I don't know the author, and I'd need to google him. Smiling
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/...r-bathroom

Quote:Obama DOJ Forces University To Allow Biological Male Into Female Restrooms

http://uafortsmith.campusreform.org/grou...ns-restroo

Quote:EXCLUSIVE: Obama's DOJ Forces University to Allow 38 Year Old Male To Access Women's Restrooms

A letter from the Department of Justice (DOJ) caused the University of Arkansas at Ft. Smith (UAFS) early this month to reverse policy and allow a 38-year old anatomically male-student permanent use of women's bathrooms on campus despite opposition from female students.

The university made the reversal on "advice of counsel" after receiving a letter the DOJ sent in response to a complaint that a single, self proclaimed "transgender" student filed with the DOJ's Civil Rights Division.

"Because of the stance we took, the individual filed a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights in the Department of Justice," Mark Horn who is the vice president of university relations explained in an interview with Campus Reform on Tuesday.

Jennifer Braly, the student who filed the complaint, calls himself "transgender" with a "gender identity disorder." Braly, however, remains anatomically a man and is currently raising money online for Sex Reassignment Surgery (SRS).

Braly filed the complaint with the DOJ after the university initially told him to use the campus's several gender-neutral bathrooms instead of the women's restrooms.

"Some saw me using the women' public restrooms and complained," explained Braly in her online appeal for donations for surgery. "[O]ne problem to this is there are not unisex bathrooms in every building. Especially the two main buildings where most of my classes are, so I have to go to a completely different building to use the restroom."

The university offered to convert more current bathrooms into gender-neutral restrooms, but still Braly was unsatisfied and decided to sue.

"We tried to make reasonable accommodation and to find a common ground, converting the number of bathrooms on campus to gender-neutral," Horn from UA said on Tuesday.

Finally, however, it was the letter from DOJ that convinced the legal department and administrators at UA to yield to Braly's demands.

"[T]he office of civil rights basically made its expectations through the attorney and the decision was made to respond to that direction," said Horn. "[T]he DOJ complaint caused revisiting of our thinking."

"In the eyes of the law this individual [Braly] is entitled to use the bathroom that she identifies with," Horn concluded.

But in the eyes of at least some female students at UA, anatomy still matters.

''I disagree with allowing a male to use the female restrooms," Amanda Shook, a senior at UA told Campus Reform on Wednesday. "Even if they are a transgendered person, they are still a man, and should have to use the men's restroom."

http://www.ktrh.com/pages/michaelberry.h...e=10016656

Quote:Women's Unemployment Statistics Under Obama

Since Obama Took Office, The Unemployment Rate For Women Has Increased From 7.0 Percent To 8.1 Percent.

Since The Stimulus Was Passed, The Unemployment Rate For Women Has Increased From 7.3 Percent To 8.1 Percent.

Since Obama Took Office, The Number Of Female Employees Has Declined By 683,000.

Since Obama Took Office, The Number Of Women Unemployed Has Increased From 5,005,000 To 5,863,000.

In March, The Number Of Women Employed Fell By 82,000.

The Female Labor Force Participation Rate Fell In March From 57.9 Percent To 57.7 Percent.

The Number Of Women Not In The Labor Force In March Increased From 52.8 Million To 53.1 Million.

Bureau Of Labor Statistics, Accessed 4/6/12
·
“The Poverty Rate Among Women Rose To 14.5 Percent Last Year, Up From 13.9 Percent In 2009—The Highest Rate In 17 Years.” (Leslie Bennetts, Women: The Invisible Poor,” The Daily Beast, 9/14/11)

The Extreme Poverty Rate – Income Below Half Of Federal Poverty Line – Is The Highest Ever Recorded Among Women.
“The ‘extreme poverty rate’ among women was the highest ever recorded, climbing to 6.3 percent in 2010 from 5.9 percent in 2009. ‘Extreme poverty’ means that your income is below half of the federal poverty line—and by 2010, more than 7.5 million women had fallen into that dire category.” (Leslie Bennetts, “Women: The Invisible Poor,” The Daily Beast, 9/14/11)
·
In 2010, 17 Million Women Lived In Poverty, Compared To 12.6 Million Men. “What all those statistics add up to is that more than 17 million women were living in poverty last year, compared with 12.6 million men. As usual, things were worse for older women; twice as many women over 65 were living in poverty, compared with men.” (Leslie Bennetts, “Women: The Invisible Poor,” The Daily Beast, 9/14/11)

The Poverty Rate Is 25.6 Percent For Black Women And 25 Percent For Hispanic Women. “And those numbers just represented the population-wide average. For Hispanic and black women, the poverty rate increased even faster and rose higher—to 25 percent for Hispanic women and to 25.6 percent for black women.” (Leslie Bennetts, “Women: The Invisible Poor,” The Daily Beast, 9/14/11)

More Than 40 Percent Of Single Mothers Live In Poverty. “As usual, single mothers are having the hardest time of all. More than 40 percent of women who head families are now living in poverty. With more than half of poor children living in female-headed families in 2010, the child poverty rate jumped to 22 percent.” (Leslie Bennetts, “Women: The Invisible Poor,” The Daily Beast, 9/14/11)

“Women Aren't Faring As Well As Other Groups In The Job Market's Recovery And That Could Put A Dent Into Their Support For President Obama.”
(Vicki Needham, “Slower Job Growth For Women Voters Could Cost Obama In Election,” The Hill’s “On The Money,” 3/25/12)

Democrats’ Advantage Among Women Is Narrowing. “While Democrats have charged that the Republican position amounts to a ‘war on women,’ the poll indicates that they aren’t benefiting from it in respondents’ perceptions of the two parties. The survey also suggests that the advantage Democrats have historically enjoyed among women may have narrowed.” (Julie Hirschfeld Davis, “Republicans Losing On Birth Control As 77% In Poll Spurn Debate,” Bloomberg, 3/14/12)

This Is “Despite A Significant Outreach Effort To Female Voters.” “Despite a significant outreach effort to female voters and Democratic accusations of a GOP 'war on women,' a new Bloomberg poll shows Obama losing ground among women from his 2008 vote share.” (Byron Tau, “Poll: Obama Down Among Female Voters From 2008 Results,” Politico’s “44,” 3/14/12)
·
Only 37 Percent Of Married Woman Would Vote For Obama. “Now look at what married women say: 56 percent said they would vote for Romney, and only 37 percent for Obama, with virtually no change from January to February.” (Matt Negrin, “Put A Ring On It: Obama Wins Women, But Not The Married Kind,” ABC News’ “OTUS,” 4/3/12)
Read more: http://www.ktrh.com/pages/michaelberry.h...z1vp3Oy3lu
Ironic, ain't it. OGL looking out for the rights of women. Laughing
Lop sided statistics, Where are the same figures for men to compare with.
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regiona...ition=also

Quote:Marylou’s hit with discrimination inquiry
Coffee house chain bitter over federal ‘witch hunt’

South Shore coffee chain Marylou’s is singing the blues over a federal employment-discrimination investigation, crying foul that the feds are going after its long-standing practice of hiring bubbly young bombshells to peddle the shop’s trademark joe.

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has been quietly probing Marylou’s’ hiring practices for nearly a year, the Herald has learned, with investigators pulling reams of job applications, interviewing company brass and grilling the 29-store chain’s pink-clad clerks about their co-workers’ gender, age, race and body type, according to the company.

Marylou’s execs deny any discrimination.

“We have never had a complaint against us for age discrimination or any kind of discrimination,” founder Marylou Sandry wrote in a plea for help to state Sen. John F. Keenan (D-Quincy). “We feel that the EEOC is on a witch hunt.”

EEOC officials would not comment, and Keenan said he would not intervene in the federal agency’s ongoing investigation.

Sandry declined to comment, other than to say, “I don’t want to say anything. I just want it to be over with.”

Company vice president Ronnie Sandry told the Herald that Marylou’s hiring is limited by its pool of applicants, who tend to be young women from the heavily white South Shore.

‘When you’re hiring a police officer, certain people show up,” Sandry said. “When you’re hiring a Patriots [team stats] cheerleader, certain people show up. When we’re hiring, certain people apply, and we have no control over it.”

Katherine J. Michon, a Boston lawyer who specializes in discrimination cases, said the length and scope of the investigation indicates the feds are serious about cracking down on the company.

“It sounds like they’re trying to explore every possible protected category to see if there is a race-discrimination case, a sex-discrimination case or an age-discrimination case ... whether people are being chosen for the position because they’re white, young and female,” Michon said.

According to Sandry, EEOC officials told the company the investigation started over Marylou’s local TV spots, in which perky young baristas prance about and sing the company’s bluesy jingle boasting that its roast is “the best coffee in town.”

Sandry said the selling point is fun — not sex.

“Attractive is in the eye of the beholder. They’re just all fun, upbeat girls,” he said. “It’s the personality. It’s the way you’re treated. That’s what we reach out for. It’s all shapes and sizes and colors.”

The company also complained about the probe to state Sen. Robert L. Hedlund, who blasted the EEOC as “a meddlesome, overblown, intrusive federal agency.” He said he plans to contact the local congressional delegation, and is dumbfounded the agency is probing the stalwart South Shore coffee shop.

“Why, because they haven’t hired old overweight men who want to wear a pink T-shirt and serve coffee?” Hedlund said. “The federal government has better things to do with my tax dollars than to harass a legitimate business.”

Looks like they might have an opening for you cletus. Maybe leonard?
I have some pink T-shirts, now I know why, you don't mix colors with whites.
(in reference to laundry Blink)
(05-25-2012, 01:38 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regiona...ition=also

Quote:Marylou’s hit with discrimination inquiry
Coffee house chain bitter over federal ‘witch hunt’

South Shore coffee chain Marylou’s is singing the blues over a federal employment-discrimination investigation, crying foul that the feds are going after its long-standing practice of hiring bubbly young bombshells to peddle the shop’s trademark joe.

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has been quietly probing Marylou’s’ hiring practices for nearly a year, the Herald has learned, with investigators pulling reams of job applications, interviewing company brass and grilling the 29-store chain’s pink-clad clerks about their co-workers’ gender, age, race and body type, according to the company.

Marylou’s execs deny any discrimination.

“We have never had a complaint against us for age discrimination or any kind of discrimination,” founder Marylou Sandry wrote in a plea for help to state Sen. John F. Keenan (D-Quincy). “We feel that the EEOC is on a witch hunt.”

EEOC officials would not comment, and Keenan said he would not intervene in the federal agency’s ongoing investigation.

Sandry declined to comment, other than to say, “I don’t want to say anything. I just want it to be over with.”

Company vice president Ronnie Sandry told the Herald that Marylou’s hiring is limited by its pool of applicants, who tend to be young women from the heavily white South Shore.

‘When you’re hiring a police officer, certain people show up,” Sandry said. “When you’re hiring a Patriots [team stats] cheerleader, certain people show up. When we’re hiring, certain people apply, and we have no control over it.”

Katherine J. Michon, a Boston lawyer who specializes in discrimination cases, said the length and scope of the investigation indicates the feds are serious about cracking down on the company.

“It sounds like they’re trying to explore every possible protected category to see if there is a race-discrimination case, a sex-discrimination case or an age-discrimination case ... whether people are being chosen for the position because they’re white, young and female,” Michon said.

According to Sandry, EEOC officials told the company the investigation started over Marylou’s local TV spots, in which perky young baristas prance about and sing the company’s bluesy jingle boasting that its roast is “the best coffee in town.”

Sandry said the selling point is fun — not sex.

“Attractive is in the eye of the beholder. They’re just all fun, upbeat girls,” he said. “It’s the personality. It’s the way you’re treated. That’s what we reach out for. It’s all shapes and sizes and colors.”

The company also complained about the probe to state Sen. Robert L. Hedlund, who blasted the EEOC as “a meddlesome, overblown, intrusive federal agency.” He said he plans to contact the local congressional delegation, and is dumbfounded the agency is probing the stalwart South Shore coffee shop.

“Why, because they haven’t hired old overweight men who want to wear a pink T-shirt and serve coffee?” Hedlund said. “The federal government has better things to do with my tax dollars than to harass a legitimate business.”

Looks like they might have an opening for you cletus. Maybe leonard?
I'll wear a pink Tshirt and serve coffee for a hourly wage of $29.92 per hour. I can't expect to make much in tips so those are my salary requirements. You know anyone hiring?
You might make good tips in SF.
Have you ever seen Cletus??? Laughing
http://www.lifenews.com/2012/05/29/video...-abortion/

Quote:Video: Planned Parenthood Encourages Woman to Get Sex-Selection Abortion

The investigative pro-life group Live Action, which has released videos exposing the abuses at the Planned Parenthood abortion business across the country, has released a new video today showing a Planned Parenthood abortion clinic in Austin, Texas encouraging a woman to get a sex-selection abortion.

The video shows a Planned Parenthood staffer encouraging the woman to obtain a late-term abortion because she was purportedly carrying a girl and wanted to have a boy. The video is the first in a new series titled “Gendercide: Sex-Selection in America,” that Live Action tells LifeNews will be exposing the practice of sex-selective abortion in the United States and how Planned Parenthood and the rest of the abortion industry facilitate the selective elimination of baby girls in the womb.

“I see that you’re saying that you want to terminate if it’s a girl, so are you just wanting to continue the pregnancy in the meantime?” a Planned Parenthood counselor named “Rebecca” offers the woman, who is purportedly still in her first trimester and cannot be certain about the gender.

“The abortion covers you up until 23 weeks,” explains Rebecca, “and usually at 5 months is usually (sic) when they detect, you know, whether or not it’s a boy or a girl.”

The woman asks, “Do you think I should go and just ask for an ultrasound and just not tell [the doctor] that I’m gonna terminate if it’s a girl, or…I just feel like there’s been some judgment for my…”

“To be honest with you, um, I would probably think so,” the Planned Parenthood staffer responds.

“But do you think I still just shouldn’t worry about telling them that I would be terminating if it’s a girl?” the pregnant patient repeats later.

“Right,” Planned Parenthood says. “I would.”

Live Action says the late-term abortion is offered for gender selection even though doctors agree that the later in term a doctor performs an abortion, the greater the risk of complications.

In the video (seen below), the Planned Parenthood staffer suggests that the woman get on Medicaid in order to pay for an ultrasound to determine the gender of her baby, even though she plans to use the knowledge for an elective abortion. The abortion facility staffer also tells the woman to “just continue and try again” for the desired gender after aborting a girl, and adds, “Good luck, and I hope that you do get your boy.”

(05-30-2012, 07:54 AM)orygunluvr Wrote: http://www.lifenews.com/2012/05/29/video...-abortion/

Quote:Video: Planned Parenthood Encourages Woman to Get Sex-Selection Abortion

The investigative pro-life group Live Action, which has released videos exposing the abuses at the Planned Parenthood abortion business across the country, has released a new video today showing a Planned Parenthood abortion clinic in Austin, Texas encouraging a woman to get a sex-selection abortion.

The video shows a Planned Parenthood staffer encouraging the woman to obtain a late-term abortion because she was purportedly carrying a girl and wanted to have a boy. The video is the first in a new series titled “Gendercide: Sex-Selection in America,” that Live Action tells LifeNews will be exposing the practice of sex-selective abortion in the United States and how Planned Parenthood and the rest of the abortion industry facilitate the selective elimination of baby girls in the womb.

“I see that you’re saying that you want to terminate if it’s a girl, so are you just wanting to continue the pregnancy in the meantime?” a Planned Parenthood counselor named “Rebecca” offers the woman, who is purportedly still in her first trimester and cannot be certain about the gender.

“The abortion covers you up until 23 weeks,” explains Rebecca, “and usually at 5 months is usually (sic) when they detect, you know, whether or not it’s a boy or a girl.”

The woman asks, “Do you think I should go and just ask for an ultrasound and just not tell [the doctor] that I’m gonna terminate if it’s a girl, or…I just feel like there’s been some judgment for my…”

“To be honest with you, um, I would probably think so,” the Planned Parenthood staffer responds.

“But do you think I still just shouldn’t worry about telling them that I would be terminating if it’s a girl?” the pregnant patient repeats later.

“Right,” Planned Parenthood says. “I would.”

Live Action says the late-term abortion is offered for gender selection even though doctors agree that the later in term a doctor performs an abortion, the greater the risk of complications.

In the video (seen below), the Planned Parenthood staffer suggests that the woman get on Medicaid in order to pay for an ultrasound to determine the gender of her baby, even though she plans to use the knowledge for an elective abortion. The abortion facility staffer also tells the woman to “just continue and try again” for the desired gender after aborting a girl, and adds, “Good luck, and I hope that you do get your boy.”

Harry Truman would approve.
Margaret Sanger's dream come true. Not one taxpayer dime should go to Planned Butcher Hood.
(05-30-2012, 01:43 PM)tornado Wrote: Margaret Sanger's dream come true. Not one taxpayer dime should go to Planned Butcher Hood.

But they've done such a good job keeping the minority population down.
Missing thread alert!

Today, Live Action released a second disturbing undercover video showing Planned Parenthood's Margaret Sanger clinic in New York City candidly counseling a woman on the "how to" of committing gendercide, the sex-selective abortion of her female unborn child. A Planned Parenthood employee is shown helping a woman determine if her unborn child is female so she can sex-selectively abort it.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/...ons-in-nyc
I like The Mormon's system of frequently updating "The Word".