Gordie:
It will be great when he gets out of prison and has to write is sexual history for his family to read. Oh, yeah then he has to polygraph to it. they 'll see
Only rich folks can turn down the plea deal.
Maybe Gordie has found true love and that's why he plead guilty.
i bought some of Gordie's chisels at a yard sale he held, before all the hoopla. I bought them way too cheap, for what they were. I can't imagine how a carver could not know what he had. Or how they had never been properly sharpened. He was selling Brady Adams that day. But, I know about Brady from Mom.
If a plea of "guilty to 17 counts in total and no contest to an additional seven charges ranging from first-degree sex abuse, sodomy, delivering of marijuana to a minor and encouraging child sexual abuse" was a deal... I wonder what else they had on him. It must be a very lengthy (and ugly) list.
I wonder if anybody has updated the Wikipedia "Winter Hill Gang" page with these updates yet. Smiling
(05-08-2012, 06:57 AM)Scrapper Wrote: If a plea of "guilty to 17 counts in total and no contest to an additional seven charges ranging from first-degree sex abuse, sodomy, delivering of marijuana to a minor and encouraging child sexual abuse" was a deal... I wonder what else they had on him. It must be a very lengthy (and ugly) list.

He might of violated any previous agreements from his charges related to his mob activities.
(05-08-2012, 06:57 AM)Scrapper Wrote: If a plea of "guilty to 17 counts in total and no contest to an additional seven charges ranging from first-degree sex abuse, sodomy, delivering of marijuana to a minor and encouraging child sexual abuse" was a deal... I wonder what else they had on him. It must be a very lengthy (and ugly) list.

I don't know if they threw out or reduced any charges, but don't they give you less time if you save them the time and money of a trial?
(05-08-2012, 07:59 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

I don't know if they threw out or reduced any charges, but don't they give you less time if you save them the time and money of a trial?

I don't know.
If you were truly innocent of those kinds of charges... would you fight it? Or roll over and take it? Would getting less time be worth a lifetime of being a "pedophile"? A "registered sex offender" for EVER?
(05-08-2012, 08:06 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(05-08-2012, 07:59 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

I don't know.
If you were truly innocent of those kinds of charges... would you fight it? Or roll over and take it? Would getting less time be worth a lifetime of being a "pedophile"? A "registered sex offender" for EVER?

I know my answer, but I'll let DianaStocker answer this....Big Grin
Oh, where he's going, he's going to 'roll over and take it'. Cuz, as is well known, pedophiles are held in high regard in .... the pokey.

I hope his victims are able to mentally deal with the abuse and not continue the cycle that tends to happen in cases like this......
(05-07-2012, 08:32 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(05-07-2012, 07:57 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Here's the most recent (written) post from Diana over at the We Support Gordon Deyoung website: http://wesupportgordondeyoung.blogspot.c...-results=3

"Saturday, March 24, 2012
14 Months
We haven't posted to the blog in a while. Kevin and I have been taking time to process how we truly feel about this horrible situation Gordon is in. We've never left Gordon's side tho. We continue to visit, write and send him our love.

After 14 months of being held in the Josephine County Jail, it's almost time for Gordon to go to trial. He's managed to endure months of unsanitary, dysfunctional, mismanaged chaos. In our opinion...the DA continues to play games with him.

Personally I'm angry and simply amazed how someone has not figured out, right from wrong. Each and every charge against Gordon is questionable without solid evidence. They continue to push it forward. It's troubling to watch the system work, watch our elected officials push this case forward. They must see the data we see? After Gordon has gone to trial and when the process is complete, be sure we will write about it all and tell you what we found. What our research and investigation uncovered. We'll tell you the whole story, believe it.

So the question still haunts us. Why do they continue to hold Gordon and push this case? They are costing the county a lot of money to make a point. Money the county just does not have...

We'll go to trial and see how it all unfolds. Do we hold trust in a Josephine County jury? Do we trust the system/people which have let us down at each turn? "

She just posted the following:

Quote:Diana ~May 7, 2012 06:27 PM
Taking a plea doesn't mean he did it. What's the county's conviction rate? How long has he been there? What conditions was he living in? What games were being played? We'll tell you all the story. Just be patient. I can't say I would risk a trial in that corrupt broke ass town either. Good luck Gordie. We're still here.

Yep. I told you soRazz Taking a plea doesn't mean he did it.
Wake the fuck up Diana, sheesh

When they have evidence and or witnesses they don't need to offer up much of a deal.
Some charges I believe they had against him that I assume were dropped are Tampering with Evidence and Hindering Prosecution

From "We Support A Child Molester" the web site:
Quote:We'll be telling our story very soon. In the meantime, it's very easy to make a judgement, but we dug in and actually learned, investigated, spent 16 months living it. You might be surprised how complex Gordon's story was. Lesson to everyone, have a savings account with enough to make bail, hire a legal team and investigators. You're going to need at least 200K. Start saving. Another lesson - Trust no one. Stay tuned.
http://wesupportgordondeyoung.blogspot.com/

I guess his 'connections' weren't able to pony up the dough to free him on bail OR to get the witnesses to all change their testimony or disappear.

The amazing part is that HE PLEAD GUILTY and this gal still thinks he's innocent!!

What a shame, he seemed like such a sweet fella..Rolling Eyes
(05-08-2012, 09:35 AM)BeerMe Wrote: From "We Support A Child Molester" the web site:
Quote:Another lesson - Trust no one.

Especially don't trust young boys to keep quiet. Ninja
(05-08-2012, 10:04 AM)PonderThis Wrote:
(05-08-2012, 09:35 AM)BeerMe Wrote: From "We Support A Child Molester" the web site:
Quote:Another lesson - Trust no one.

Especially don't trust young boys to keep quiet. Ninja

Pretty amazing that anyone can expects people to assume someone is innocent when that someone and his lawyers are obviously afraid to let witnesses and evidence be seen by a jury and the rest of us.
Your character shines thru, as always. You want to make fun of us and the situation?

I read the words - > you 'assume', you 'don't know if they threw out or gave less time', 'he might of violated previous agreements', you 'wonder if', then the jokes, those are awesome too. Cuz child abuse and these crimes are so funny, right? We DO NOT have to assume, we aren't wondering and we aren't laughing about any of it.

'Young Person #1 - This individual has a relative on Josephine County's - “predatory” sex-offenders on active supervision list. This individual has accused multiple men of the same crime. He's been in and out of child services his whole life. His behavior is classic of being abused as a baby, long before Gordon knew him. We have a mountain of evidence, Gordon did not molest this person. We have a hand written letter from the person, confirming his gratitude for Gordon's guidance and friendship and he felt SAFE at Gordon's home, when his family had failed him at every turn of his life. We also have evidence and witnesses the family was 'setting Gordon up'....

Let's talk about the 'boys'. Since some of you may think they are actually children.
'Young Man # 3' - 24 year old was arrested 6/7/11 for Burglary, .......5 counts of Felon in Possession of Weapon 2. 'and they eventually located three additional male juveniles who were abused by DeYoung since 2001' Same young man knew Gordon in 2001 (When he's claiming the crimes took place) His story has changed a number of times. The very same person that was caught molesting Gordon's DOG. Yeah....nice, right. Since 2001, his nickname has been....very cruel and fitting to the animal abuse he was found doing. Gordon was upset about this horrible behavior and was pretty rough with his punishment, but in no way hurt or molested him. He made it very clear, it was NOT OK to treat animals cruelly.

These stories are sad and say something about the county's meth and drug problems....It says something about the child protection services....it says something about the American 'justice' system. Did Gordon want to risk a trial in that county. 35 to life? 98% conviction rate? Would you?

We have proof the last 20+ charges, slapped on him early this year....did NOT belong to Gordon.

Yeah, I do wonder about the DA and their genuine concern for protecting people in that county. I can name a few times the office has been told of abuse (just in this case alone) and it was not investigated. Truth is, they wanted Gordon. The DA was told Young Man # 4 (Also over 20 years old today and heavy in drug addiction) was harmfully inappropriate with an underage girl and needed mental help...

How can any of us say what we would do in Gordon's situation? Taking a plea, being in county jail for 16 months, doing year and year and YEARS in prison. Us who sit in our comfortable homes with the luxury of making a judgement and then getting up to make our coffee, eat our fricking cheese cake and watch our tv.

But you all know more than we do....believe whatever helps you sleep at night.
(05-08-2012, 11:35 AM)dianastocker Wrote: believe whatever helps you sleep at night.

Ditto. Smiling
When all else fails, blame the victims. And plead guilty to something you are innocent of.

Gee Diana, do you know what happens to kids who were abused when they grow up? That's right, a large portion of them end up abusing drugs and continuing the sexual abuse..... not exactly breaking news there. So, over the past ten years a 24 year old would have been 14 years old. Their age NOW means shit. Dodge, duck, dip, dive, and.....dodge.

Quote:Difficulties during adolescence. Studies have found abused and neglected children to be at least 25 percent more likely to experience problems such as delinquency, teen pregnancy, low academic achievement, drug use, and mental health problems (Kelley, Thornberry, & Smith, 1997). Other studies suggest that abused or neglected children are more likely to engage in sexual risk-taking as they reach adolescence, thereby increasing their chances of contracting a sexually transmitted disease (Johnson, Rew, & Sternglanz, 2006).

Juvenile delinquency and adult criminality. According to a National Institute of Justice study, abused and neglected children were 11 times more likely to be arrested for criminal behavior as a juvenile, 2.7 times more likely to be arrested for violent and criminal behavior as an adult, and 3.1 times more likely to be arrested for one of many forms of violent crime (juvenile or adult) (English, Widom, & Brandford, 2004).

Alcohol and other drug abuse. Research consistently reflects an increased likelihood that abused and neglected children will smoke cigarettes, abuse alcohol, or take illicit drugs during their lifetime (Dube et al., 2001). According to a report from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, as many as two-thirds of people in drug treatment programs reported being abused as children (Swan, 1998).

Abusive behavior. Abusive parents often have experienced abuse during their own childhoods. It is estimated approximately one-third of abused and neglected children will eventually victimize their own children (Prevent Child Abuse New York, 2003).

My question, was Gordie ever abused?
And nobody is making fun of the victims situation. We're making fun of you, for believing that POS DeYoung. Look at his track record Diana, seriously.

He's admitted to a violent criminal history.

He's made online threats of violence towards others.

He's now an ADMITTED pedophile.

But other than that, yeah, he's a good guy.